Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? You mean weapons need to be maintained?

Surely we shouldn't issue weapons that recruits actually have to care for! The horror. They might actually learn something and develop respect by caring for a lifesaving tool.

I will take all those rusty M&P's off your hands. Just send them to me. I have a jug of CLP around here somewhere. I guarantee a 9mm M&P in this house would get used too much to rust.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I'm with Blackdog, send me some of those rusty old useless M&Ps!
      Stainless steel (key word steel) is steel with a high nickel content. The more nickel the more rust resistant, the more nickel the more brittle the metal is. So firearms are a very low grade of stainless, all firearms!
      Some have better finishes than others. Guess they stopped teaching maintanence, hey it's just a pistol that might just might be needed to save your *** one days, so I wouldn't worry about cleaning it!!
      Roach

Comment

Stainless = Stain LESS not Stain PROOF
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
        8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Pistols are man made... That being said every manufacturer is going to have it's problems on the production line from time to time. I got an M&P .40 over a year ago and did have surface rust/stain on the slide after a few months. I field stripped it, brushed off the rust/stain with a metal brush, soaked it in CLP for hours, cleaned the heck out of it, and haven't had a problem since. You have to maintain these weapons. I've easily put 5,000+ rounds down range with no problems. As long as your comfortable with the operation, feel, and nuances of your personal pistol, then it's the right pistol.
          Viking79
          Forum Member
          Last edited by Viking79; 02-08-2010, 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by cpd169 View Post
            It had some holster wear, but no rust inside or out.
            I'v had a m&p for about a year now with no marks on the frame what so ever, the XD I traded in was black but looked silver from the finish coming off in and out of a safariland kydex holster.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
              I agree with the routine maintenance aspect. My duty H&K will show surface rust (light) in certain areas fairly quickly (Overnight - 2 days) if it is exposed to rain, and it has the HE (harsh environment) finish. I don't care what brand gun you have, dunk it in a water bucket and wait a day or two and see what happens. These guns have corrosion resistant finishes, not corrosion proof...
              While true for the most part, I have put my Glock through some serious conditions in snow and rain and mud. I've thrown it in my locker covered in condensation and rainwater. Never seen a single sign of corrosion on that sucker.
              Other guns I have, though. But never on my Glocks. And I've seriously abused my Glocks. So much so that I'm actually a bit embarrassed about it in a way.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
                While true for the most part, I have put my Glock through some serious conditions in snow and rain and mud. I've thrown it in my locker covered in condensation and rainwater. Never seen a single sign of corrosion on that sucker.
                Other guns I have, though. But never on my Glocks. And I've seriously abused my Glocks. So much so that I'm actually a bit embarrassed about it in a way.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5379 users online. 308 members and 5071 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X