300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Gen4 Update

Another officer I am good friends with, spent 2 days at the Shot Show (19-20) and got back today with his newly acquired Glock 22 .40 Gen4. Here are the findings after a couple of hundred rounds being thrown downrange:

1. Ergonomically, the gun is MUCH better over the previous generations. The removeable back straps allow for small to large size hands to "fit" the pistol comfortably. However, the back strap system is NOT like the M&P or XDm. The straps fit on top of each other, with the small strap being smaller than a 1st-3rd Gen Glock grip, the medium size snaps over the small for another 2mm of grip, and the large snaps over both of them for a total of +4mm grip.

2. Gone is the single recoil spring. In its place sits a dual recoil spring, just like the XD.

3. The RTF surface is not as abrasive as the RTF2 crap that rubbed holes in your clothing in no time. The latest RTF is easier on the clothing while providing a better grip.

4. Yes you still have to cant your wrist down slightly to lower your point of aim.

5. The magazine release is interchangeable for both R/L handed shooters.

6. The frame is slightly tweaked in design. If you compare a Gen3 22 with a Gen 4, looking down you'll see that the Gen 4 has a tad more space to allow everything to fit into place.

7. Accuracy is IMPROVED for most shooters b/c of the changes. Find a back strap that is the most comfortable for you and let the dual recoil spring do its thing!

The .45 ACP is supposedly due out later this year (rumor mill). Although the new design is a winner, it might be too little too late. I am now carrying a Springfield XD 45 and love it. It already had these design upgrades, minus the back strap changes (but it fits great regardless).

BTW, expect a .45 XDm later in 2010!
    Shot placement > caliber. Using a .45ACP means nothing if you can't hit your target. Practice, train, and do it all over again...and again...and again.

I was handling a Gen 4 22 the other day and I'll probably shoot it next week. The new RTF frame is definitely much more clothing and hand friendly as many others have said.
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

when are all the gen 4's supposed to be out? I need a BUG 27, but I am trying to wait for the gen 4...

Comment

I demand pictures.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
        -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

From http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...gen4-unveiled/ More pictures and info on link!

Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Also, some distributors have some already in stock, others are still waiting. A really good online distributor you can check is www.gtdist.com, a company that has 2 locations: Georgia and ?

They have the Gen4 22 right now for the officer price of $398.20 delivered. Ask for Heather Carson.

Bud's police supply will eventually get them, but they seem to be out of everything currently.
            Shot placement > caliber. Using a .45ACP means nothing if you can't hit your target. Practice, train, and do it all over again...and again...and again.

Comment

they are out NOW. i held one at a gun store in knoxville tennessee... they only had the 17 and 22 though... i was fine with the original glock grip but these new ones... they make me happy! haha
              Last edited by ChiefFox; 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CSIBPD View Post
                Also, some distributors have some already in stock, others are still waiting. A really good online distributor you can check is www.gtdist.com, a company that has 2 locations: Georgia and ?

They have the Gen4 22 right now for the officer price of $398.20 delivered. Ask for Heather Carson.

Bud's police supply will eventually get them, but they seem to be out of everything currently.
                Georgia and Texas. My dept. just placed an order for 22 new glocks and was informed at least 6-8 weeks before shipment.
                "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

anyone know what this is? this is sexy...

How did they get the rounded front?

Last edited by ChiefFox; 01-21-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefFox View Post
                    They are already starting on the gen 5 glocks! here is a sneak peak!

know where i can get an ankle rig for that?

Comment

They are already starting on the gen 5 glocks! here is a sneak peak!

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

they are out NOW. i held one at a gun store in knoxville tennessee... they only had the 17 and 22 though... i was fine with the original glock grip but these new ones... they make me happy! haha
                        17 & 22 is all you're going to be getting for awhile.
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                          17 & 22 is all you're going to be getting for awhile.
                          Dang it. I was waiting on the Gen 4's to buy my G35.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7485 users online. 292 members and 7193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X