300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA County Sheriff's Department Reauthorizes Smith Wesson M&P

As of today the department reauthorized the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm for duty carry. If you carried it prior to them de-authorizing it, you have to go to the BC range and have the firing pin and extractor replaced for some reason.

So relieved I didnt waste my money buying this gun for nothing. I love it.

What's the whole story there?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

They had issued the guns to the newest recruit class back in Feb or March of last year. The recruits were always having misfeeds and other issues. Long story short they deauthorized us from carrying them until the problem was sorted out. The problem apparently was due to a bad batch of guns with faulty extractors and the crap ammo they use at the range.

I have shot around 2000 rounds through mine and have never once had a misfeed or malfunction shooting both duty and the crappy pratice ammo. So Either way now they are reauthorized so I am happy.

Comment

Countless thousands of rounds through my M&P .40 and never a single misfeed. I couldn't be more pleased with that baby!

Comment

TruGlo finally lists TFO sights for the M&P on their website, I have not found any in distributors yet, but a set will be mine as soon as available.

Comment

Our M&Ps have had signs of cracking on the frame. Not enough to pull the guns but the concern was e-mailed to us.

Comment

I like my M&P9 with the TLR-1, great combo.
              Be safe, watch their hands and always check your "6"

Comment

I am also very glad that the M&P was reauthorized so that I didn't buy both my fullsize and compact for nothing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3897 users online. 234 members and 3663 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X