300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Weapon Setups

We've had the excellent information thread on AR-15s. I think it would also be helpful if people posted how they choose to run their patrol rifles.

I'll start with mine.

Specs:
    Base Rifle: Colt 6920
    Surefire M600C Scout Light, M76 Swivel Mount, XT07 Rail Mount Tape switch, FA556AR Suppressor, and CAM4AR556 Flash hider
    PRI Front Flip-up sight/Gas Block combo, Rear Flip-up sight, and Gasbuster
    Magpul AFG, UBR, BAD, MIAD, PMAGs, and Enhanced Trigger Guard
    Gear Sector GS-2P sling and GS-3040 sling loop
    LaRue Tactical LT-660HK and Index Clips
    Daniel Defense LITE 12.0 FSP rail
    Blue Force Gear Redi-Mod
    Aimpoint T-1

Whole rifle
    The suppressor is not mounted while at work.

Tapeswitch is mounted on the top rail. This allows for easy activation, but protection from accidental activation. It also allows ambidextrous control. I also recently changed to LaRue Index Clips for rail covers. They feel great and include a few covers that can hold the tape switch wire.

I used to use a vertical foregrip, but since Magpul came out with their AFG, there was no point in having the vertical grip. I use the “reference point” method of holding the forearm. So, I sold the LaRue FUG I had and bought an AFG (came out with $50 extra too).

Gear Sector recently released a new line of sling mounts. I was lucky enough to receive a prototype version of their GS-3040 fixed loop. It is much lower profile than a QD socket and does not jam into my support hand like the Daniel Defense QD socket did. Their GS-2P sling is also my sling of choice. I have it mounted at the front and rear of the receiver. I have found that this placement works the best for me by allowing the freedom of a sling-point (shoulder transitions, weapon transitions, etc.) and gives most of the stability of a two point when slung.

The front and rear sights are from PRI. I had the PRI gas block/combo laying around. Combined with the smashing deal I got for the Daniel Defense Lite 12.0 FSP rail, It makes for a decent combination. If I had not gotten the deal on the FSP rail, I would opt for the regular Lite 12.0 plus rail mounted flip-up sights.

The M76 mount allows the Scout light to be mounted at an offset and close to the rail, minimizing the amount of stuff sticking out from the rifle. I got the Scout because of its lightweight and bright weaponlight (got a good deal too).

I’ve always preferred Aimpoint to EOTech. I chose the Aimpoint for its lightweight. I had an M4, but the T-1 did the same thing in a lighter, better package. The LaRue LT-660HK mount is provides a slightly higher than absolute co-witness. It is close enough to absolute that my shooting position does not change from irons to optics. I leave the brightness on setting “10”, so it is always ready to go. It is bright enough to use in all environments and does not washout in low-light with the weaponlight active.

The Redi-Mag provides an outstanding way to carry an extra magazine for “grab and go”. Mine is modified by Blue Force Gear for lighter weight, stronger springs, and a better finish. In my opinion, the use of the Magpul BAD is required when using a Redi-Mag as the Redi-Mag makes accessing the bolt catch more difficult. The BAD also allows for much faster stoppage clearing.

I’ve hated the finger nub on the standard A2 grips. The MIAD allows for interchangeable front and back straps. No nub and grippy texture makes for a comfortable grip. I keep a small bottle of lube inside it.

The rifle is fairly front heavy, more so with the suppressor attached. The UBR is a very solid and heavy stock. While it adds overall weight, the better balance reduces fatigue. The preset feature makes extending the stock to your preferred length a motion without thought. I keep a pair of foam earplugs, two CR123A batteries, and a CR2032 battery in the storage compartment.

Nice baby blanket.

Nice gun too.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Specs:
      Base Rifle: S&W MP-15 ORC
      Knights RAS
      Streamlight Scorpion in a no name mount that i was issued in the Army (they didnt ask for it back)
      YHM front and rear folding BUIS
      Eotech 553

Spec Ops Mamba Sling
      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

beavo451, Nice looking weapon and well thought out set up.

Comment

So, is it an autobot or a decepticon.
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I'm just kinda wondering, since the print obviously isn't on the carpet, are those "tactical choo choos" really found on the interior of your gun case?
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I am issued Colt M4A1 however I normally run my personally owned Colt AR15A3 Hbar.

- Troy 12" MRF-CX rail w/ magpul XTM's
              - Tango down QD stubby VFG
              - Tango down grip
              - Vltor stock w/rubber pad
              - Troy rear BUIS
              - Surefire X300 light
              - EoTech 553
              - Bravo Company Gunfighter Charging handle w/modified PRI Gasbuster latch
              - Modified Redi-Mag
              - Magpul BAD
              - Magpul enhanced trigger guard
              - Vickers 2 point sling modified to a single pt / 2pt convertible sling. HK style front hook on a QD sling mount, rear mash hook on a Daniel Defense QD end plate.

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I also run my own custom built SPR based off of a Noveske lower.

- Noveske "E" marked lower
                - Colt flat top upper
                - Noveske 18" SS SPR barrel
                - Smith Vortex
                - Troy 13.8 MRF rail w/ Magpul rail covers
                - Harris swivel bipod
                - Surefire X300
                - Magpul front MBUS (rear replaced with a lower profile Troy BUIS)
                - American Defense Recon X mount
                - Swarovski Habicht scope
                - Wilson latch
                - Ergo suregrip
                - A2 style stock (replaced with Magpul UBR)
                - Armalite LPK
                - Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
                - RRA two stage custom job trigger
                - Magpul BAD
                - Vickers sling (not pictured)

No, I do not run the Nighthawk for duty use.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

Those are some nice guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                    I also run my own custom built SPR based off of a Noveske lower.

- Noveske "E" marked lower
                    - Colt flat top upper
                    - Noveske 18" SS SPR barrel
                    - Smith Vortex
                    - Troy 13.8 MRF rail w/ Magpul rail covers
                    - Harris swivel bipod
                    - Surefire X300
                    - Magpul front MBUS (rear replaced with a lower profile Troy BUIS)
                    - American Defense Recon X mount
                    - Swarovski Habicht scope
                    - Wilson latch
                    - Ergo suregrip
                    - A2 style stock (replaced with Magpul UBR)
                    - Armalite LPK
                    - Magpul Enhanced trigger guard
                    - RRA two stage custom job trigger
                    - Magpul BAD
                    - Vickers sling (not pictured)

No, I do not run the Nighthawk for duty use.
                    Damn it!

Had to clean the drool off of the keyboard again!
                    -------------------------------
                    You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

Bushmaster Carbine
                      Aimpoint ML2
                      GGG QD Scope Mount
                      GGG BUIS
                      GGG Sling Mount
                      Surefire Forend Light
                      Specter Single Point Sling
                      Vltor Stock
                      Tango Down Grip
                      XS Night Sights

The Thousandth Man

Comment

Tryin to keep this alive

BCM 14.5 middy- I wanted as short a barrel as possible w/o going NFA (per policy). I chose Mid-length gas for increased reliability, and smoother recoil. Everything I've read about BCM was positive, and with the summer sale on uppers, it was a no brainer. Their BCGs are tops, so I threw one in to complete the upper.
                        LMT lower- Quality, reputable, and ideally spec'd from the factory. I wanted a heavier stock to provide balance with a suppressor attached, so the SOPMOD version was the obvious choice. Also, the ability to store various items (Springs, batteries, screws, BCG parts, etc.) in the stock was appealing. And the sloped cheek weld is comfortable, and helps make a repeatable mount on the gun from strong or support side.
                        AAC SPR/M4-I wanted a suppressor for personal use and AAC SPR has arguable the best mounting option and a good NRR. It's on the back burner for now.
                        Troy TRX standard 11"- I wanted an 11" rail to get the most out of my shooting style and accessory options. I also wanted four built in rails, and a monolithic upper rail. This Troy rail fit the bill and I have confidence in their products.
                        Daniel Defense Front sight- I wanted a fixed front sight, should my optic go down. I would be able to ghost ring the FSP using the optic and or reference index points between the two. I don't find the field of view to be cluttered and enjoy having a secondary aiming system available without moving any part of my body. I also used this model on a previous build and liked its light weight.
                        Troy flip-up rear- I had a fixed rear sight on the weapon initally, but when I placed the optic on, I found myself trying to look through, or over the aperture. I didn't like having to think about where my eye was and found it distracting. A flip rear sight was needed, and Troy was all I considered. I've ordered from LaRue several times before and have always been pleased with their CS and extra goodies, so I went with their model. When I received it, I understood why the Troy design is utilized by so many people. I noticed that for the sight to lay flat, you needed to have the large aperture up. I have always shot fine through, and prefer the smaller aperture. To fix this minor issue, I pulled the sight off and flipped it around so the small ring is up and can be laid flat.
                        Surefire X300- I had a surefire G3 in a VLTOR offset mount which worked well. However, after taking into account the various positions I might be shooting from, I thought I'd try the 12 o'clock position. I took the Insight M3 off my M&P45 and went to the range. I was pleasantly surprised by the ergonomics of this set up, and its allowance for a completely symmetrical shooting position from either side. I like the M3 light, but due to it's large bezel the front sight was almost entirely obscured. I needed a lower profile light, and with Surefire's reliability, output, and mounting options, it was was the clear winner. I found a good deal on Ebay for the newer 170 lumen model. I don't know if it's brighter than the 110 version, but being that they were the same price I went with 170.
                        Aimpoint H-1-Incredible battery life, small, indestructable build, and its light weight made the H-1 my optic of choice. I found it on Botach for $400. I used the Aimpoint high spacer and QRP mount to make a lower 1/3rd co-witness.
                        Magpul BAD- After seeing the SHOT show video of it, videos on Youtube, and other positive comments, I was interested in trying one. I thought I would give it a go and if it wasn't for me, oh well. Turns out this little addition was pretty awesome! After the first range trip I knew this wasn't coming off. It provides faster manipulations for both strong and support hand, and completes the Redi-Mod system.
                        Blue Force Gear Redi-Mod- I wanted a way to carry additional rounds with my weapon for me and my fellow deputies should it be the only thing I can grab. I've seen many people use a mag coupler of various designs, but they seemed to limit ammunition magement options, and could also lead to issues during malfunction clearances. These could be viewed as training issues, but I'd rather it not be an issue. The Redi-Mod allows me to carry magazines independent of each other, and the efficiency of this accessory is greatly increased with the Magpul BAD.
                        Blue Force Gear VCAS sling- I used it before and loved it. I can quickly adjust it to fit over me regardless of what I'm wearing (civies, uniform, or AS vest.) I also like that it does not have along adjustment tail like the 5.11 VTAC sling. I chose the push button design so I can release the weapon from me quickly, should I need too, or convert it to a pseudo 1 pont sling via the Troy QD end plate.

There are other things not exlpained, but they are merely selected for comfort factor or speak for themselves. Now for the photos.

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

very nice BCM!
                          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Mine?

Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine
                            Magpul Miad Grip
                            Magpul MOE stock/fore end
                            Magpul enhanced trigger guard
                            Brownell's single point adaptor on the rear, Colt side swivel adaptor up front.
                            DPMS Ambi safety
                            Eotech 512 on a RockRiver Dominator 2 mount
                            Surefire "scout" weaponlight
                            Magpul MS2 sling in a default 2-point config.
                            Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                            --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

I am back to the issued M4A1 as I got in MK18 replacement barrels. The compact, lightweight rifle is very much a better option for my everyday needs.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 285 members and 4358 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X