300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .40 S&W 180 gr vs. 155 gr

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of the two major .40 cal bullet weights? Personal/dept experience as to their respective effectiveness? Thanks.

As a civi shooter, I can see no difference in results between the two.

But I do keep my defensive handgun loaded with 180 gr. speer GD.

Comment

I prefer the heavier weights with slower speeds, just like in the 45acp with 230 grain vs the lighter stuff with higher speeds. The same could be said with the 9mm and the 147 grain, thats a more popular bullet weight then the others lighter loads.
      I trust my life with J. M. Browning's design, the 1911.

Comment

I choose bullets that are heavy enough to be below the speed of sound since I shoot mostly through silencers.

Comment

Speer Gold Dot or Hornady TAP
          In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

The accurate one made to FBI performance standard?

If both are equal in that regard, the less expensive one.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
              I choose bullets that are heavy enough to be below the speed of sound since I shoot mostly through silencers.
              Someone has finally made a silencer?

The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I have used both with two different agencies. Not much difference between the two. Remember you ammo is useless unless you do your part...shot placement.
                Deputy Anne Jackson Skagit County Sheriff's Office EOW 09/02/08
                Sgt. Mark Renninger Lakewood Police Dept. EOW 11/29/09
                Ofc. Tina Griswold Lakewood Police Department EOW 11/29/09
                Ofc. Greg Richards Lakewood Police Department EOW 11/29/09
                Ofc. Ronald Owens Lakwwood Police Department EOW 11/29/09

The best 9mm vs. .45 quote: "Some say why the 9mm? When I put 2 through your heart and one through your head, you won't know the difference."
                -Unidentified Navy SEAL

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                  Someone has finally made a silencer?

Well either you do not realize that 40cal silencers exist. Or you are one of those guys who thinks silencer is an improper term, even though every industry professional and the US military uses the term.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=66

Comment

I have used both with two different agencies. Not much difference between the two. Remember you ammo is useless unless you do your part...shot placement.
                    Deputy Anne Jackson Skagit County Sheriff's Office EOW 09/02/08
                    Sgt. Mark Renninger Lakewood Police Dept. EOW 11/29/09
                    Ofc. Tina Griswold Lakewood Police Department EOW 11/29/09
                    Ofc. Greg Richards Lakewood Police Department EOW 11/29/09
                    Ofc. Ronald Owens Lakwwood Police Department EOW 11/29/09

The best 9mm vs. .45 quote: "Some say why the 9mm? When I put 2 through your heart and one through your head, you won't know the difference."
                    -Unidentified Navy SEAL

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                      Well either you do not realize that 40cal silencers exist. Or you are one of those guys who thinks silencer is an improper term, even though every industry professional and the US military uses the term.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=66
                      I am the latter. Call it snobbery, but a spade is a spade. It suppresses sound, flash and recoil, but silences nothing. "Every industry professional and military" is a pretty broad brush stroke. Even read the guys you quote. Many will list an item or interchange the term silencer with suppressor, but read their product descriptions and you will not find the word silencer. I even get my panties in a bunch over the term clip in reference to a magazine. So yes, perhaps I am being a bit picky.

IMO, in a civilian or even LE application, a silencer / suppressor on a handgun is like tits on a boar. But hey, its not my money being spent. I think they should be easily purchased with reasonable pricing and no stupid taxation.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6254 users online. 348 members and 5906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X