300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "speaking of AR's"..........

Now please don't start on the "peoples republik of California" stuff, but I just recently noticed several of the "few" gun shops here starting to sell the Colt M-4 carbine in .22LR( collapsible stock,detachable carry handle,removable 10 rd mag)- the cost is $599, is this a waste of a purchase ???(considering that I doubt you can covert it to fire .223, and that there are cheaper .22LR semi autos on the market).

although there is still a BAN on purchase of M-4s in .223/5.56X45( unless you are L.E.),I find it curious that a similar fashioned .22 LR gun would be on sale ( .22 LR can still penetrate body armor up to level IIIA,especially from a long barrel weapon......
    Last edited by DOAcop38; 12-09-2009, 06:24 PM.
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

I think California has brainwashed you.

Instead of asking "why is this legal" you should still be asking why the other stuff isn't.

Most common hunting rifles will make a mess of soft armor. So why should that have any bearing?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I hear that, I would never live anywhere near Cali, garbage state with bogus gun laws!
      The most important things in life are worth fighting for.

<--------- RAAAAAR!!!

Comment

aahhh, Like I said " No Californy bashin' !" and no,I'm not "brain washed- happen to own several HI powered Semi auto rifles, don't care IF the next law abiding ctzn has some themselves. Just was wondering IF the M-4 .22 LR was a bad choice to buy !

Seems like a decent enough plinker and "emergency" gun, but was wondering if the mechanisms had been tinkered around with to make it bare NOT resemblance, other than "looks" as its more potent 5.56mm "relative"
        "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by sjc1526 View Post
          I hear that, I would never live anywhere near Cali, garbage state with bogus gun laws!
          "garbage state ?" funny, have met plenty of "hoosiers" ESCAPING to California, but NEVER hear any going back !!! for a State that has Gary, Indianapolis, fort Wayne, and East Chicago, I be VERY CAREFUL about calling anywhere else "garbage".

But true, the gun laws ( pushed by BOTH reactionary conservatives, and lefty liberals) are overkill sometimes, and often quite ineffectual, considering that we have FAR too many homegrown "urban terrorists", and every other state seems happy to export their losers here to soak up our sun, fun and BIGGER welfare benefits......

Comment

Originally posted by Marky Mark
            My guess is that it's a new item, and thus not specifically named in the "you can't have this list".
            Thanks ,Marky! guess i'll get off my lazy hump and check it out myself....

Still wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.....

Comment

I believe the similar Smith and Wesson .22lr gun is getting better quality reviews than the Colt branding.

Comment

It's legal because it's rimfire. The scary-looking-guns-that-makes-*****-liberals-pee-themselves laws only apply to centerfire.

I don't see the point of spending $600 on a .22, though. Get a Ruger 10/22, save a bundle and spend the rest on ammo or more guns.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post
                  I believe the similar Smith and Wesson .22lr gun is getting better quality reviews than the Colt branding.
                  just saw it on the S&W web site- and its cheaper !( $40-60 less)- funny, found an ad for Big 5 Sporting Goods out here carrying the Colt for $599.00 Will call around for comparison info for the M&P vs the Colt M4 variants

Comment

on a different note- anyone have any info. or experience with enterprise arms FAL?

Comment

Try here. Calguns.net
                      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                        just saw it on the S&W web site- and its cheaper !( $40-60 less)- funny, found an ad for Big 5 Sporting Goods out here carrying the Colt for $599.00 Will call around for comparison info for the M&P vs the Colt M4 variants
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXm3RUvVhpU

The above video does a decent job showing the differences between the Colt and S&W in their construction and functions. I decided to go with the S&W M&P 15-22. The Colt has the looks and feel (weight) going for it, but after I saw them brake the Colt open on this video I was a bit turned off by it. With both a functioning bold hold open and AR trigger, I like that the S&W functions more like my 5.56mm ARs.

I was able to find the M&P 15-22 here in MI for $435. I've seen then for cheaper on gunbrokers.com, but I figured after shipping costs and FFL fees it would be about the same if not a little more.

Here is a few links on Gunbroker for 15-22 in Cali. They all appear to be from the same seller.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=149254661

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=149478083

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=149477400

So far I've only had my M&P 15-22 to the range once. At that time the only ammo I had was Remington golden bullet bulk 22LR. My 15-22 hated it. I have yet to run CCI or Federal through it to pass final judgement.

Here are a couple of links here on O.com as well.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132926

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134153

There are also several M&P15-22 threads here.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-long-guns/

Colt M4 Carbine .22

Colt .22 Tactical Rimfire

M&P 15-22

Last edited by 7th District; 12-10-2009, 04:52 AM.
                        "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                          "garbage state ?" funny, have met plenty of "hoosiers" ESCAPING to California, but NEVER hear any going back !!! for a State that has Gary, Indianapolis, fort Wayne, and East Chicago, I be VERY CAREFUL about calling anywhere else "garbage"..
                          Well, I can't really argue for the intelligence of anyone coming from Indiana and going to California.

If you want to look at the better place to live, you can read the statistics, laws and then case law.

Indiana courts hold personal liberties pretty dang high. So high in fact that it's sometimes frustrating for law enforcement.

Oh, how's that "shall issue" CCW going in Cali? That's right it's not.

You couldn't pay me enough to live there. Not to mention I would have to sell off half of my firearms to move there.

Now I wouldn't have any problem moving to some of the more western states because I like mountains. But California is not on my list.

I have no use for a state that takes great pains to remove god given rights from it's citizens one model at a time.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Reference the S&W M&P 22 ar-15 variant. They let us borrow / T&E one at our range. It almost had universal praise. I want to get one as its a decent trainer for the M-4. 22lr is much cheaper to shoot in close quarter drills than 223. Ours are running $375 to $399 right now.
                            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

I got to handle (not fire) the Colt version. I was not impressed. I would much rather spend that cash for a dedicated upper for my lower. Then again, it may not be an option in some "states". If that's the case, then do what you can.

I am interested in Ruger's new SR-22. While not exactly a AR it serves the same purpose while supposedly taking 10/22 parts. When you factor in the incredible amount of 10/22 barrels, triggers, bolts, etc. out there, that makes it a great option.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12162 users online. 404 members and 11758 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X