300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tactical" Shotgun

I just got to qual with this thing last week. It's been in this condition in our arms room for a decade or more. It's so old it's a Wingmaster. Talk about "tactical".

And yes, it complies with all state and federal laws.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

14" barrel?

Comment

Haven't measured it, but it's somewhere close to that.

Man it's light and handles like a dream. I can't wait to see if it will shoot the Fed. Tactical slugs well.

I will probably put a Hogue Youth stock set on it, and I am looking at having a second barrel made up with a screw-in Remchoke.

It's going to be my "experiment" in combat shotguns.
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

It needs a quality tac-light, though.

Comment

After having played with the 'tacticool' shotgun, there's a lot of appeal in taking all the crap off my wingmaster and bringing it back to a similar configuration. I remember when this gun was light.

Edit: for Till

I agree to an extent. You should always have a weapon available with a light on the end. But the same argument could be made for a side saddle, an extended mag tube, optics, etc. By the time you're done, you have a shotgun that wants to be an AR15 and weighs 20lbs. And most of the weight is up front, far away from the body, which makes it feel heavier than it is! Sometimes light and handy trumps versatility.
          Last edited by TimK; 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM.
          **Not a LEO**

Comment

I feel that a mounted weaponlight is ESPECIALLY essential for a defensive long-gun because it's impossible to operate a handheld light in one hand... and a shotgun in the other.

I've tried and I can't do it.

Not as much the case for a handgun.

For small and lightweight shotgun-mounted illumination, I REALLY like the Novatac 120T setup on my Benelli.
            Last edited by Till; 11-19-2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
              I feel that a mounted weaponlight is ESPECIALLY essential for a defensive long-gun because it's impossible to operate a handheld light in one hand... and a shotgun in the other.
              While it probably will get a weapon light, I have to disagree with your assertation that it's impossible.

I have demonstrated on numerous occasions that you can effectively operate and fight with a combat shotgun and a handheld light such as the Surefire G2Z. It's nowhere near as easy as with a weapon light, but it's not difficult either once you have been shown the proper techniques. I can work the action and use the light with the support hand. Loading take a little more dexterity, but at that point I probably won't be loading as much as drawing my handgun.

The weapon will be getting a VCAS sling. Slings are mandatory on police long guns.

Comment

With that short barrel it will be punishing to shoot.

Add one of these: Knoxx Spec-Ops Stocks

My friend swears by his and even put one on his deer hunting shotgun. He says it takes almost all of the felt recoil away. They run about $60 on Ebay I think.

The Tac light is also a really good idea. The weight will also keep the recoil down.

Comment

What makes you believe that 4" less barrel makes it a more violently recoiling weapon?

First I am not even close to being recoil sensitive and second I have already qualified with it. It does not seem to recoil much more than my heavy *** "tactical" 18" with loaded side saddle and +2 extension. I have run the Knoxx stock and REALLY don't like them. I don't see them as any type of improvement and many use them as an excuse not to learn proper shotgunning techniques. If you learn to push/pull and drive the shotgun recoil is not an issue with tactical loads.

I do have some plans for it but it's way outside of the box as far as what you guys usually see. You will just have to be patient because the AR10 build is eating me alive.

Comment

That's beautiful! Looks similar to a trench gun. Without your saying so, I could have imagined it "handling like a dream".
                    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I'd take a nice Wingmaster any day and I love mine. There is also something very good about simple.

I need to snap a shot of my breeching 870. Even with a pistol grip only and a short barrel, it still shoots very nice shots with slug from 50+ yards.

The one on the left is my goto tactical shotty.
                      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

With that short barrel it will be punishing to shoot.

Add one of these: Knoxx Spec-Ops Stocks

My friend swears by his and even put one on his deer hunting shotgun. He says it takes almost all of the felt recoil away. They run about $60 on Ebay I think.

The Tac light is also a really good idea. The weight will also keep the recoil down.
                        I have one of these on my Mossberg 590A1. It helps some, not as much as I thought it would though...

Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

Quite honestly with the Mossy, I generally dislike a pistol grip anyway. I don't care for the relation of my hand placement and the safety.
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                            They run about $60 on Ebay I think.
                            You can get an adjustable stock without the recoil dampening springs for that price. To get the "deluxe" version, you'll pay around $100.00.

Comment

Make sure the gun is registered with the as a short barreled shotgun before taking it out to play. Often PDs confiscate some firearm in illegal configuration and never register it for dept. use.

Also realize that if in the future the dept. no longer feels the need for such things, that NFA firearms coming from or to a govment dept. are not subject to the $200 transfer tax.
                              Last edited by David Hineline; 11-19-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5232 users online. 242 members and 4990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X