300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPMS Heavy Buffer AR-15 Carbine

Going to order one of these for my Bushy M4.
    DPMS Heavy Buffer AR-15 Carbine
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tnumber=651570

Should I get a new buffer spring also? I mostly shoot 55grain out of my 1:9

DPMS Buffer Spring AR-15 Carbine
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=210662

OR

Wolff Extra Power Buffer Spring AR-15 Carbine
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=152626

Thanks!!!
    "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Is your rifle not functioning properly? Does it have a very high round count? Do you just have extra money burning a whole in your pocket?

If you just "want to", then get an H Buffer and Wolff Extra Power spring. It will increase (slightly) the rifle's lockup time, and therefore allow for easier extraction (increasing its reliability).
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

It's a practically brand new Bushy patrolmans carbine with very few rounds thru it. It functions just fine.

No money burning a hole in my pocket.

Added a BCM bolt carrier group last week along with thier charging handle.

From all the reading here I thought an H buffer was necessary for reliability, but maybe I'm confused.
      "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Comment

I have literally THOUSANDS of rounds through my Bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman's Carbine. It still has the stock spring/buffer, bolt/carrier, etc... The only thing I've done to it is add an O-ring to the extractor.

You can do the upgrades, but it probably isn't necessary.

J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, reliability is key, but it is not a constant equation. Basically if your weapon is working with a certain set-up, some times you may wish to leave it alone. However as an example in the case of a BCG, buffer and buffer spring combo, your rifle runs great. Perhaps you might want to increase long term reliability by properly staking the gas key, if it isn't done correctly, however you may not need to replace the entire set up.

On the other hand, if you decide to upgrade with MP/HPI proven hardware, properly assembled, with a heavier M16 style auto carrier, you may seriously want to consider upgrading other parts that have a history of working in conjunction which forms the entire system, such as the buffer and spring. Again, there are guide lines, but it is not an exact cut and dry rule. If you start changing out items, you will want to "proof" your rifle with the parts you are using, especially for duty use.

The problem, with "proofing" any new set up is that it requires a good amount of rounds to verify how it runs. I would say to run your rifle first and see how it responds. You may or may not need to change out buffer and spring. Yes as a general rule, with a heavier m16 style auto carrier, you will want an appropriate spring and buffer in order for the rifle to respond correctly.
          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5620 users online. 332 members and 5288 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X