300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushmaster sling question

I got a bushmaster M4gery and I'd like to put a side sling on it.

Putting a side sling mount at the castle nut is no problem, but the front sling mount currently under the FSB seems to be rivited on.

What to do?
    "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

If you want to remove the front sling swivel, take a punch and knock out the rivet from the concave side.

You can buy side sling swivel adapters that clamp around the barrel in the FSB area.

Comment

Thanks, that's what I wanted to do but was nervous about doing that.
      "You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

"Success is not Final, Failure is not Fatal, it is the Courage to Continue that Counts" Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You don't need to remove the front sling swivel. You can add the side sling swivel, leaving the bottom one where it is.

Like this:

J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jwise, I may give that a look.

Comment

Is the ProMag side sling swivel good quality?

Thanks.

Comment

ProMag is good to go. You can also drill out the rivet if you want. It will go very quick.
              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

+1 on drilling. My dumb a** did it and it turned out fine.

Side sling swivels can be found at several manufacturers site.

Comment

What does installing the side swivel mount entail? Is it rather simple or does it require a special tool. I want to order one, but I'm unsure if I have the necessary mounting tools. Thanks

Comment

All you need is a hammer and a small drift punch. Takes about 2 minutes.
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      You don't need to remove the front sling swivel. You can add the side sling swivel, leaving the bottom one where it is.

Like this:

Ok, just got a Pro Mag side sling swivel and at a good price. Am I just 100% NOT mechanically inclined?? Package says no tools required. How in the world do you open the thing up to attach it???
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Knock out the pins, attach the swivel, and drift in the two pins with a small punch and a small hammer.
                        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Kind of what I was thinking in the beginning. I was starting to think there was a secret special jedi trick. Thanks Jwise.
                          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3772 users online. 173 members and 3599 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X