• Show
Clear All

• Opinions On .45 ACP's

Glock 21 or 21SF, or Springfield XD
    Glock 21 or 21SF
    69.23%
    Springfield XD
    30.77%

I can't vote in that poll with a good conscience.

If this were to be my first .45, I'd go with the Springfield XD Tactical .45. If you didn't want the Tactical, then I'd get the 21SF.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I agree jwise. I do have a Colt 1911, so it is not my first .45. But with that said, I am just wanting one for a little bit more everyday carry, or leaving in the car for trips. It might not be the right attitude, but I don't want to allow my 1911 to get beaten up. To me, the Glock is kind of like the AK where the Colt is like the AR. I have just heard a lot of good things about the XD and was wondering if I should try one of those in place of a glock.

Comment

I have the G21SF, I also have a Kimber Ultra Carry, the Kimber is a lot of fun to shoot and it is a tack driver; the Glock is what I carry on duty...

and yes I practice with both, and so far I haven't had any trouble transitioning from one to the other...
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

G21, because I am biased.

I haven't seen anything wrong with the XD although I feel the trigger reset is too long on the models I have played with as well as my wife's XD9C.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

of the two i would pick the glock but like blackdog am biased... but your choice must be based on personal experiance with both, go try and shoot both and make your decision for that.

Comment

If those are my only choices, I would pick the XD. My wife has one, and it handles well for a poly gun. I haven't seen any issues with it. But I am biased as well.

I cant stand the Glock grip angle, and would rather carry a High Point than a Glock. At least I could use the High Point as an impact weapon if I ran out of ammo.
              Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
              --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Out of those two Id go with the Glock. Had a XD and wasn't impressed. Then again when it comes to .45 I am biased I love my Kimber TLE and can't really think of trading up. But the day has come for me to join the 21st and Im looking at the Glock 21SF or HK USP .45 Tactical.
                Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

If I was going to carry a .45 on duty, it would be an M&P fullsize.
                  Between the 2 poll options, I'd pick the 21SF, hands down.

XD? High bore axis + unnecessary grip safety that locks up the slide if not fully depressed + mushy trigger + lack of armorer support = fail.
                  Did I fire six shots, or only five?

Comment

I prefer the 21SF over the XD.
                    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

I would go with the Glock 21. I like the XD, but I am a Glock fan...
                      Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

I would go with the Glock 21. I like the XD, but I am a Glock fan... The XD would be tied with the HK USP 45.
                        Common sense its not a common virtue...

sigpic

"The AR-15, Legos for grown ups."-Jwise

"OCD with firearms can ensure your continued use of oxygen. "- Blackdog F4i

1042 Trooper is my hero!!!

Comment

I carried a Glock 21 for nearly 12 years, I swore by it, until I got an XD .45 a year ago. The XD does have a slightly longer reset than the glock, but with some time on the trigger I have got myself dialed in. My only complaint is that the finish is not as rugged as my Glocks. After a year its a more banged up than a dozen on my 21. But I dont care if its pretty or not.
                          "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I never noticed the Glock's grip angle until I bought a 1911. Now, I'm not so sure which one I like the best. I just wanted to see what other opinions on the streets were. Thanks again.

Comment

I like my XD 45's so much I carry 2 of them.
                              You will not be wrong if you carried a G21 either as long as you have orangutan hands.
                              Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6141 users online. 351 members and 5790 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X