300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby glock concealment issue

Hey guys wanted to hear a few opinions..

I carry a Glock 26 off-duty via IWB kydex holster. I'm a fairly tall and thin guy (about 6'3 and 185 lbs) and prior to LE I never was into big baggy clothes and not much has changed since.

My issue is, my hand is a little big for my 26 with the factory mag, and feels much more comfortable with a magazine extender. Do you think its worth it to carry with an extender or would it sacrifice concealment too much?
    "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
    Glock 19
    HK 45

Here is my solution:

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/products.html
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
    8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

You should be able to shoot your 26 well. If you have trouble handling your pistol without the magazine extensions, then whats the point!?

My point is this: If you need the magazine extensions to comfortably and accurately shoot your pistol then you should have them and just work around them as far as concealment goes. If you can shoot your pistol great without the extensions then don't put them on.

Comment

I am about 6'00, 160lbs. I carry a Glock 27 IWB with the plus 1 extender. For the first year I carried, I did not have the extender. After having one added, I don't notice any sizeable difference in visibility/concealibility.

I would be guessing you carry IWB on your strong side, moved inbetween your outer thigh and lower back (imagine a clock, if you are right handed, 4:30). The magazine will protrude but since your elbow is there, it won't be much difference.
        "I would suggest that when a person has a thought of doing anything serious against the law, that before they did, that they should go to a quiet place and think about it seriously."

William George Bonin - Executed in Calfornia Feb 23rd 1996

Comment

if youre more comfortable with the gun setup id deal with the concealment issue.

personally i used to carry my g30 with ext mag in a kydex IWB at 4:30. the handle would stick out a little depending on my clothes and movements and the gun was a bit uncomfortable when sitting.

now i carry at about 3:30 in a galco summer comfort leather IWB and love it. holster is lower profile and much more comfortable. since the gun isnt behind me at all, its not uncomfortable to sit in any type of seat. due to the holsters cant, the handle doesnt protrude at all. the rear corner of the slide is the only thing that might print a little but because its right under my arm its not noticable.
          Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

I've carried them all...

Frankly, the gun "printing" isn't as big a deal as you might think. Carry the gun you want in your hands when the "defecation" hits the "ventilation."
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madcat816 View Post
              Hey guys wanted to hear a few opinions..

I carry a Glock 26 off-duty via IWB kydex holster. I'm a fairly tall and thin guy (about 6'3 and 185 lbs) and prior to LE I never was into big baggy clothes and not much has changed since.

My issue is, my hand is a little big for my 26 with the factory mag, and feels much more comfortable with a magazine extender. Do you think its worth it to carry with an extender or would it sacrifice concealment too much?
              You don't need to go baggy so much as dress differently.

A slightly heavier or darker color shirt, better belt or better holster may make the difference between the Glock 26 printing and a larger gun disappearing.

Comment

My father has the glock 27 which is about the same size and he has the extender clip... he loves his and wishes he got the extender earlier.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell_in_CT View Post
                  You don't need to go baggy so much as dress differently.

A slightly heavier or darker color shirt, better belt or better holster may make the difference between the Glock 26 printing and a larger gun disappearing.
                  It took me two years to realize that tightening my belt up a hole, in jeans, made it about 50% easier to conceal my G23 in a pancake holster. It's still far from great, but it's better, and not uncomfortable since that's probably where my belt "should be" anyway. I'm about 6'2", 175lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                    Are those your items in the picture? If so, how did you braid that "knot" on the end of your knife? What's it called?

Comment

Keep your mag extender and just move your holster around and tighten/loosen your belt until you find the right combo for you. Darker shirts are a plus, longer is better too. No need to show off your six pack if you are trying to conceal your pistola.
                      My biggest improvement was to just strategically grow my belly larger to conceal my XD. On purpose...of course.
                      Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Sector View Post
                        My biggest improvement was to just strategically grow my belly larger to conceal my XD. On purpose...of course.
                        Haha thats an option

Thanks all for the good advice but I think I'm gonna go stock mag just because this is an oh sh*t gun, and I don't wanna have to say oh sh*t a 2nd time if I have to pull the trigger.. if you know what i mean!
                        "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
                        Glock 19
                        HK 45

Comment

I have large hands a have a one-round extender on my Glock 27. I usually carry it in my front pants pocket. On most pairs of pants, it does not stick out at all. If it does, I wear a jacket or shirt that goes down low. People carry so many things in their pockets these days that I have never had anyone notice (as far as I know).
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I usually carry it in my front pants pocket.
                            IMHO, that's asking for trouble. I don't want a firearm pointed at my junk without the trigger covered/protected.
                            "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go" - Battalion Chief John Sullivan, FDNY

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" - Rev1

"If you reload like old people [email protected], then you need to be behind something that stops bullets." - Blackdog F4i

IGNORE = since9, justme001, opencarry, bsd13, asullivan, okjoe, Patrick Sander, CJ616

Comment

I carry a XD .40 which is a heavy gun but I use a good belt (5.11 Operators belt, 1 3/4"). I use a Blackhawk Serpa with the big paddle on it, with the belt and the paddle at about 3 it holds the gun very tight to my body and it is not very noticeable at all. 5.11 also makes some nice Covert casual shirts which have design features to help conceal.
                              Last edited by 952melvin; 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5235 users online. 295 members and 4940 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X