Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for recommendations for a good reliable 380!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for recommendations for a good reliable 380!

This will be my next purchase:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=265

I got my hands on one a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. I cant directly comment on the reliablity of this model, but even if its only half as good as my other Sig pistols, its a keeper.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

My best advice on a good .380, would be a Kahr PM-9 in 9mm........seriously!

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
      Toby Keith

Comment

Depends on what you want to spend, I just picked up a Beretta 84, 13 rounds is nice in a 380.

Comment

What are you looking for besides the weapon's caliber? If extremely small size is among your criteria, for around $300.00 the Ruger LCP seems to have it's initial bugs worked out. The Micro Desert Eagle is kinda tough to find, but has a pretty good reputation among owners. If you don't mind spending $900.00+ for something even smaller and built of stainless steel, the "Rolex" of .380's is the Seecamp LWS380.

Larger pistols with higher magazine capacities and good reputations include:
          1) Walther PPk or PPkS
          2) Beretta Model 84
          3) Browning Model BDA .380 (Now discontinued, but you can still find them around. It's similar to the Beretta Model 84 but has a slide mounted safety instead of frame mounted)
          4) CZ Model 83 (A really well built, all steel "high capacity" .380, that can be bought now for around $400.00.)

Here's some pics of the Ruger LCP, SIG P238, Micro Desert Eagle and Seecamp LWS to give you an idea of their comparative sizes:

Last edited by pulicords; 10-29-2009, 08:26 AM.
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

CZ83, Bersa Thunder

Comment

I had a Colt Mustang .380 that I sold several years ago (I still tear up) loved it, light and like a little 1911..but the prices now are up there.
              "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

Thank you pulicords for posting and the picture. I have not seen the Micro Desert Eagle yet but after seeing the photo, definitely on my wish list.
                Good.........bad..........I'm the guy with the gun - Army of Darknesssigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gloc_copper View Post
                  I had a Colt Mustang .380 that I sold several years ago (I still tear up) loved it, light and like a little 1911..but the prices now are up there.
                  You're not kidding. I bought one new for under $400 about 10 years ago and could double my money if I sold it today. I won't though, it's been 100%.

Comment

I have played with the Micro Eagle...Didnt like it, I thought it was too bulky looking.

I have a LCP and love the little guy. I just seen the Colt Mustang(online), all I have to say is it sure does look good.
                    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
                      I just seen the Colt Mustang(online), all I have to say is it sure does look good.
                      FWIW: The Colt Mustang and the SIG Sauer P238 are essentially the same pistol. Some owners of the SIG even indicate that Mustang magazines work better in their P238s than the first generation SIG magazines did.
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by XD-40 View Post
                        Kahr PM9..

Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I had a sig myself, very nice gun. got rid of it awhile back because i wanted something larger with a larger mag capacity.

Comment

Ruger LCP!!!!!

Comment

Sig P230? Love mine & one handed, rapid fire, I can keep a fist sized group in the head of a B27 at 10 yds.

Did get some slide bite with the stock grips. $15 Hogue fixed that.

Not the tiniest 380 out there, so not the best choice for deep concealment, but still a solid, little gun.

I'd love one of the Sig P238s, but am kind of leery right now, with all the stories of people having problems with them.

Never shot the CZ83, but it does have a very comfortable, natural "feel". Same with the Browing, tho at that size, why not carry something bigger?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3395 users online. 170 members and 3225 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X