300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent Topic

I attended the lecture as well. Outstanding. The "On Killing" and "On Combat" should be required reading for every officer. I gave "On Combat" to a fellow officer who was involved in a shootout. He told me he saved the last chapter for the night before the inquest. He told me that the book really helped him understand his incident and explain himself properly.

He now also understands why I viewed a workshift as 8 hours as the predator and 8 hours as the prey.

Comment

I was lucky enough to sit in on a presentation he did here at SOI back in 2007. He came out to talk to a class from either unit leaders or squad leaders. Anyway half way through I decide to buy On Killing and On Combat. I didn't have any cash and he offered to let me take them and mail him a check. that blew my mind. I ran to the ATM and back during a five minute break and bought the books. I read On Combat every few months just get back into that mentality if it slips. Plus if I get into a confrontation I can kill someone with the book itself.

Comment

Quick question -- are any of his seminars available on audio CD?

Comment

XD Operator, read Romans 13:4 to your wife. That might help that situation.
          Col. Jeff Cooper said, “One is no more armed because he possesses a pistol than he is a musician because he owns a piano”.

Comment

Plus if I get into a confrontation I can kill someone with the book itself.

Comment

have read both, read everything and listen to everything i can get
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Blizz View Post
                FYI..if you have ipod or MP3 you can download On Killing from Audible...
                http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/pro...seBVCookie=Yes
                Anyone know of a source for audio version of "On Combat" ?

Comment

not that I know of.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                  8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Plus if I get into a confrontation I can kill someone with the book itself.
                    Now there's a man making a positive out of a negative.
                    Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

I saw Him Speak, He is a very interesting and intense man. He has alot of valid points permitting you have the mind set to understand where He's coming from. I could see where he would freak someone out.

Comment

I've started to look into some of his stuff and read some stuff on him. I'm still reading another book right now (Glenn Beck's latest), but my next book will have to be On Combat. If you all really hold this stuff in high regard, I almost HAVE to read it.
                        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                        -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 353 members and 5037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X