Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have used his breathing technique MANY times. I distinctly remember using it while in vehicle pursuit.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
      I can see how some of his presentation could turn some people off. I can also see some officers becoming defensive when he went through his off-duty carry philosophy. Thankfully it's one I agree with and carry all the time.

+1

I made sure and told my wife when I got home from his presentation that I wasn't the only one who carries in church.

Comment

I have On Combat signed and personalized from him. One of my bosses is good friends with him, and got me the book without me asking. It is a great book and he is full of knowledge. Just reading On Combat has helped my outlook about going on duty in a totally different way, and dealing with stressful situations.

Comment

Originally posted by XD_Operator View Post
          I made sure and told my wife when I got home from his presentation that I wasn't the only one who carries in church.
          +1

Here's why I carry in church: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/j...ting_9-16.html

The CSI on this case taught my advanced crime scene class. I got to see all the details, pics, diagrams, etc of the case.

Alarmingly... there were two off duty officers present who could have ended the killing had either had an off duty weapon.

Violence has no boundaries, no rules, and devours anything in it's path UNLESS met with equal or greater resistance.
          "The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it – Thucydides"

Comment

our unit has had several of his training videos and I really want to attend some of his trainings in person.

http://www.warriorsciencegroup.com/index.html will take you to his site and you can check his schedule for trainings and locations.
            Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

FYI On Killing is on iTunes for $17.95
              -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
              -Daniel Silva

Comment

Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                FYI On Killing is on iTunes for $17.95
                Any of the others? I've sent 3 or 4 requests to Itunes to get his work. Haven't checked in awhile.
                There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men. - Edmund Burke

Comment

Nope. "On Killing" is the only one.

I wish the others were on there.
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                  8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

I also had the pleasure of attending his seminar today at Sacramento. Very good speaker, really opened my 21 year old eyes. I was reading On Killing and purchased On Combat from him ( also had him sign my books. ).

Comment

Read his books and attend his seminar.
                      If they do not stir your warrior spirit then turn in your badge and get me a number 4 with a coke please.
                      Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

He has talked at our PD and I attended one of his school violence seminars. Pretty cool to see teachers and school admin. people almost keel over. Nice and personal man. Takes time to autograph and talk. Knows his stuff as well. I emailed him once. I figured he probably gets a "million" emails a day. What really impressed me was a day later I had a very nice and detailed email. Go to any of his talks, buys his books, or even catch him on the History Channel on some shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                          I had the pleasure of attending one of Lt.Col. Dave Grossman's presentations today. It was excellent. I had a lump in my throat several times.

If you ever get the chance to attend one of these, definitely go. If you don't know who Lt.Col. Grossman is, then do yourself a favor and beg,borrow or buy his book "On Killing" or "On Combat". I have read "On Killing" and am starting "On Combat". They are excellent reads on the Psychology of combat.
                          X 2 One hella of a guy. I attended his class earlier this year. It was great.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I am about half way through "On Killing" darn good book and I think every LEO and military member should read.

Comment

I'm halfway through "On Killing" and I have to say woow. I'll need to read it a few more times to absorb all of its info.
                              Anyway, I found a link To his "Bulletproof Mind" lecture on youtube and thought I'd share (and its free)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pPey1q-WU
                              -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
                              -Daniel Silva

Comment

FYI..if you have ipod or MP3 you can download On Killing from Audible...
                                http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/pro...seBVCookie=Yes
                                Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                                Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4314 users online. 253 members and 4061 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X