300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help building or selecting a black gun

Can someone build me my first owned black gun on paper. I'm leaning towards getting one and I'm looking towards your experience.

I want it to be a medium range rifle (100-200yard max) and be accurate at that range. I want a collapsible stock because I need to still function for quick short range events if necessary. I'm open to opinions so please share.

For my first gun I want something I can build off of and still not out grow it.

I'd consider a used one if any of you have one for sale.
    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462

Probably the single most useful thing that you will ever see on that subject
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Keep an eye out on Gunbroker. You can save a ton of money buying the lower and upper seperately. I was able to get a new RRA CAR w/6pos stock for around $780 delivered. The 16" barrel will outshoot your abilities, guaranteed.

Personally, I won't use anything other than DPMS or RRA and keep this in mind, BROWNELLS is your friend. Absolute BEST customer serivice in the biz with a 100% no B.S. return policy.

Stick an EoTech or C-More on it, maybe a 4-rail hanguard if your going to use it for LE work and you'll be in good shape.

Strictly speaking as an IPSC 3-Gunner, the RRA 2-stage trigger is crap. It's slow and take ALOT of getting used to, mirror-polish the stock trigger system and you'll laugh at those $200 drop-in triggers. Stay stock.

Get the steel charging handle as I've had 2 aluminum ones go TU.

Comment

Let me correct what I stated origionally. This will be my first patrol rifle that I purchase myself.
        I currently carry a Colt M16A1.
        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
          http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462

Probably the single most useful thing that you will ever see on that subject

I read through that thread. There's to much info in there for me right now. I just need some basic first purchase advise and I'll learn more about it over time.

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
            Can someone build me my first owned black gun on paper. I'm leaning towards getting one and I'm looking towards your experience.

I want it to be a medium range rifle (100-200yard max) and be accurate at that range. I want a collapsible stock because I need to still function for quick short range events if necessary. I'm open to opinions so please share.

For my first gun I want something I can build off of and still not out grow it.

I'd consider a used one if any of you have one for sale.
            Jwise already has you covered. You don't have to read a thousand posts, either. Here is a link to his exact recommended build:

http://forums.officer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=683
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever
            Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Gee, I'm not sure what to say... So, you wanna buy an AR-15, huh? Hmmm...

I'm sure someone around here can help you find something that would meet your needs...

Right now, while Daniel Defense is running their special, I would go with them! Go to page #60 on my big-thread, and you should find some information on them.

They represent the best value right now, bar none!
              Last edited by jwise; 10-20-2009, 10:39 PM.
              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Umm, yeah...what he said.....lol.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever
                Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5618 users online. 344 members and 5274 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X