300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling my AR. How much?

Yes I'm strongly considering selling my AR, however, it's for my second! It'll most likely be an 11.5" SBR. I just wanted to get an idea of an asking price from the group.

Run down:
    -CMMG MOD4SA
    -MI mid length FF rail
    -MI low-pro GB
    -MI endplate single point sling adapter
    -YHM Phantom 5C2
    -YHM fixed front sight
    -Daniel Defense A1.5 sight
    -Daniel Defense QD rail sling mount
    -Tango Down battlegrip
    -Tango Down QD VFG
    -VLTOR offset light mount
    -Inova T1 MP
    -Magpul CTR
    -Magpul extended trigger guard
    -Magpul rail covers (XT and ladder)
    -Blue Force QD VCAS in FDE
    -"Tactical Gear" double bungee single point sling from LAPG
    -Badger tac-latch

~500-700 rounds

Last edited by nadler20; 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM.
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

That's dead-sexy! Keep it, and save for your second. You'll just end up missing this one and building a copy down the road...
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

That thought was in the back of my head. I think it would be cool to keep the first, but at the same time guns come and go, and the faster I get funds the faster I can get the lower and send for the stamp.

Wutcha thinkin on price though?

Comment

Don't sell it! Guns are like children...you wouldn't sell yours would you?

Be patient and save for your second AR. Jwise is right here: you'll just regret it later.

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is VERY hard to get out of a rifle what you put in it. For resale, leaving a rifle "stock" is your best bet.

This is also why I like to BUY used firearms/motorcycles that people have tricked out. You get a BUNCH of good stuff for (relatively) 'free'!

I think you could get $1k-$1,200, depending on if the buyer cares that it has a CTR stock, triggerguard, etc... I basically did: $500 for the upper + $200 for the lower + $150 for the rail + $100 for the sights + $75 for the stock + $75 for the TD Battlegrip/VFG = $1100.

I know that's not everything you have on it, but that's what people will most likely value and "pay" for.

Do yourself a favor, and keep the Inova light and mount. Otherwise, you'll just be giving it away. I always pull everything off a rifle that I can before I sell it, otherwise you're basically just "throwing it in" for free.

The exceptions to this rule are the sights. It won't sell without sights. But it WILL sell without a light, rail covers, etc...
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

To reiterate: if this was just a stock rifle, then I wouldn't necessarily be recommending that you keep it. Why? Because as a stock firearm, you stand the best bet for getting out of it with nothing lost, and if you want one just like it in the future, it won't be difficult/expensive.

However, here we have something completely different. I'll bet you spent closer to $1700 on everything in the picture, but will stand to lose about $500-700 by selling it. What is WORSE, is that when you decide to build another just like it in the future, you will spend ANOTHER $1700 (or more with individual shipping charges from the various vendors) to replace it!
            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

You can get that barrel cut and threaded to 11.5" for about $75 and shipping.

Maybe you do not realize that you do not have to buy a Short Barreled Rifle. You can register this one you have with the ATF, or you can send the rifle back to CMMG and they can register it and transfer it direct back to you without a receiving dealer in your state. This saves additional marking required on the rifle if you did it yourself or had another manuf. do it.
              Last edited by David Hineline; 10-20-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

I have a NIB 6940 that I've been thinking about selling and replacing with a 6920. However I've lived to regret selling any firearm I've ever sold. From here on out I plan on keeping everyone that comes into my possession.
                "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post

Maybe you do not realize that you do not have to buy a Short Barreled Rifle. You can register this one you have with the ATF, or you can send the rifle back to CMMG and they can register it and transfer it direct back to you without a receiving dealer in your state. This saves additional marking required on the rifle if you did it yourself or had another manuf. do it.
                  +1
                  J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David Hineline View Post

I would really like to do that, BUT... the agency I received an offer from restricts patrol rifle brands to Colt, Armalite, Bushmaster, and Oly.

Comment

Does it have to be a complete factory built gun, if not I have Armalite stripped lowers in stock, I could get you one of those to drop onto the remainder of your rifle.

Comment

Free to me...
                        Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

Your agency is going to let you carry an SBR? Mine never would...
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

A deputy I saw on one of my RALs even keeps a suppresor on his.

Comment

And you're sure its not issued? Could he be on SWAT? These are questions to get answered before you dump a perfectly good rifle...
                              J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4054 users online. 211 members and 3843 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X