300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA AR-15 legality, questions...

Those who are privileged enough to not live in the People's Republic of California should either press back on their web browser or perhaps read ahead and get ready to laugh at CA residents... Evil featured AR/AK in hand.

So I am interested in purchasing an AR platform here in CA and was reading up a bit on bullet buttons and what-not. I came across a product by Prince 50 that is a simple screw that locks your 10rd mag in place with an allen wrench.

So here's my question from a legality standpoint with a product like this installed: when reloading should I leave the screw tightened and open the upper to insert new rounds similar to an internal magazine? Or can I simply unscrew, drop mag, insert fresh mag, then screw? If I can do the latter do I have to remove all "evil features" before unscrewing? Also what if there is some sort of malfunction where it would be advantageous to remove the magazine. Would I be in violation of CA law even if I am simply trying to correct a failure to extract/feed etc?

I am used to pistols where during a malfunction, my first reaction is to drop the mag before trying to clear the chamber (unless I'm doing some tap/rack drills).

Thanks in advance for any input
    How can you tell when an old Deputy is on a break or not? You can't

***None of the above is representative of, or officially endorsed by any agency what-so-ever***

Move to Nevada.
    Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

No need to top load. By unscrewing the prince kit you are using a tool to remove the magazine and therefore it is not a "removable" magazine by law.
      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Woofdog has the best answer.

But if that is not feasible, duramax's info is also correct. Just don't leave the screww in the "loose" position for an extended period of time, ie transporting the rifle to/from the range or while on the range. It could land you in some hot water.
        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
        --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

The legality of the original prince 50 magazine lock is iffy.

Please get a regular bullet button or a raddlock for CA compliance.

and also please check out www.calguns.net for more information.

Comment

I actually feel bad for you guys in CA.

Comment

Another Link

I just built one......one more link to consider

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/b...-15-rifle.aspx
              sigpic

In Memory
              Officer J. Sanders
              EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

Originally posted by Woofdog View Post
                Move to Nevada.
                Tempting.....
                sigpic

In Memory
                Officer J. Sanders
                EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3105 users online. 187 members and 2918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X