300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IYO: Best 9mm to invest in

In you opinion what is the best 9mm brand to go with. Glock, Berreta, Springfield, Kahr, etc.?????? I had got a lot of feedback on Glock 17 thread, but I would like to go outside the spectrum of the "Glock World"
    Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

CZ. Very under rated.

Comment

Whats h purpose of the purchase. Concealed Carry,Duty weapon,target shooting or home defense?
      Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

My 9 is a Sig Sauer P226. Love it.

The answer to the "best gun" question is always the same - What do YOU shoot well? What fits YOUR hand well?

As long as you're not going to carry a Hi Point on duty the answer to these two questions should fix you up fine. Don't buy based on reputation or what a bunch of guys on a forum say, especially if you're going to be using the weapon in a duty situation. If it's for plinking, go nuts.
        For every one hundred men you send us,
        Ten should not even be here.
        Eighty are nothing but targets.
        Nine of them are real fighters;
        We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
        Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
        And he will bring the others back.

Comment

- Sig 226R 9mm -

Shoot and find a gun that works for YOU.

Comment

Well, according to your title it seems you want an investment... meaning what is going to maintain it's value over the years... for that I would go with one of the big names like Sig or HK...

But like a few others said, go with the one you shoot well with consistantly..
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Sig P226 Elite or Blackwater Tactical 9mm. The Elite is basically a P226 with a beavertail, short reset trigger, front cocking serrations. The Blackwater Tactical is a cross between the Elite and SCT model as it comes with all the Elite features and a TFO front sight, 4 (20) rd mags and magwell grips. Both are pricey but well worth it.
              sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
              -George Orwell

Comment

First, I also ask what the purpose of the firearm is. Like everyone else says, go try a whole bunch and see what you do best with. I love my Sig 229DAK. I've tried dozens of semiauto handguns and still, nothing feels as good as it does in my hands. I would buy another one if anything ever happened to it and she'll always be the ruler by which I measure any other gun.

Springfield's XDs and S&W's M&Ps should also be considered. They are utilizing Glock's fundamentals and adding a feature or two they customers have been asking for. They are gaining a lot of support/popularity recently.

On the other hand, assuming you are or want to be an LEO, -sigh- I'd probably just recommend a Glock 17 or 19 with the asterisk of "I don't own a Glock and don't even really like them". A large number of departments issue/authorize Glocks and in the instance that you want to switch departments, a Glock would transfer easier. I find that there are also more Glock armorers around. Things do change, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                  Well, according to your title it seems you want an investment... meaning what is going to maintain it's value over the years... for that I would go with one of the big names like Sig or HK...

But like a few others said, go with the one you shoot well with consistantly..

Sig Sauer P228 & P226 are at the top of my list, but you really can't go wrong with any of the other examples members here suggested. My 1st non Sig choice would be a Glock 19.
                  Last edited by 7th District; 10-15-2009, 09:57 PM.
                  "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

Invest in ... for personal security? To keep on you? This will be a smaller, possibly single-stack weapon. Go with a glock. They're relatively inexpensive and reliable. Carry guns will see wear, they'll get beat up.

Invest in for fun at the range, plus holds its value? Stick with a big name. Stay stainless. Nice weapons only depreciate with damage, not age and honest use.
                    **Not a LEO**

Comment

What a funny thread...

We can't really help you until you tell us what you plan to DO with this new gun.

Top brands I can think of off the top of my head:

* Glock
                      * Sig Sauer
                      * H&K
                      * S&W (NOT the Sigma series)
                      * Springfield
                      * Colt
                      * Kimber
                      * Dan Wesson
                      * CZ
                      * Kahr

Find the model that works for you, and fits your needs. If it is made by one of the above manufacturers, it is probably good to go.
                      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

another + 1 for Sig 226.... not the easiest to conceal carry though....

Comment

Two of my top choices

Wilson Combat CQB w/rail

Nighthawk GRP Recon
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Wilson and Nighthawk... Phffft!

Les Baer is where its at!

(yes, Baer makes 9mm 1911s)
                            Last edited by jwise; 10-15-2009, 11:43 PM.
                            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Best multipurpose gun ever made

Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6876 users online. 367 members and 6509 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X