Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackdog F4i
    replied
    I will probably go with the LaRue or TD shorty when I get the SBR done (if I ever get it done).

With VFG's cheap is good as well. If you ever whack it real hard on a doorjamb, etc. I would rather shear off the VFG than tear up the rail system (which may have a sighting system attached).

Leave a comment:

• Rifleguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
    I’m now shopping around for a vertical grip for my patrol rifle. Is this something I should splurge on or is it ok to buy a cheapo? I just want something sturdy and reliable.
    I like KAC. Knights Armament makes alot things I like so I just stick with them.

Leave a comment:

• Dep D
    replied
    Originally posted by zeplin View Post
    Yep, thats it. I attached a pressure pad to it for my light. Works good.
    Last edited by Dep D; 10-20-2009, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zeplin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dep D View Post
    I bought mine from Bushmaster. What I like is it is long for plenty of gripping surface, and it folds. When prone on an upfacing hill the AR rests on the folded grip, and is nice. Also when I put it in it's bag at the end of the week it fits it the bag easier...

I forgot the name, but it cost about $70.00. Something to think about.
    Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.a...light=foregrip

Leave a comment:

• Dep D
    replied
    I bought mine from Bushmaster. What I like is it is long for plenty of gripping surface, and it folds. When prone on an upfacing hill the AR rests on the folded grip, and is nice. Also when I put it in it's bag at the end of the week it fits it the bag easier...

I forgot the name, but it cost about $70.00. Something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Curly Bill
    replied
    Ya I did not need the detach capability so I ended up going with the one Daniel Defense offers. Not the most expensive, but not a cheapo.

Leave a comment:

• Surf
    replied
    Do you have a rail for attachment? If not you will need to get one that can attach to a standard M4 type handguards, or you will need to add a rail piece to add to the standard handguards. In any event, you do not need to go top of the line with quick detach capability, but do not go cheap either. I hate the thought of going cheap with anything that will be used on a duty rifle.

I use the Tango Down QD stubby vert grips. I prefer a short foregrip as I really don't use it as a grip. Also the above linked LaRue FUG is an excellent grip but also on the top end. You will also need to decide if you prefer metal or polymer.

Leave a comment:

• 135dB
    replied
    I have a tango down vertical grip which I like. It was a pain in the *** to put on and I'll prolly never take it off. If I were to do it again I like LaRue's grip as it will come on & off easier and I like the adjustability options for its height & style.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...ail.bok?no=209

Leave a comment:

• Curly Bill
    started a topic Vertical Grip Shopping

Vertical Grip Shopping

I’m now shopping around for a vertical grip for my patrol rifle. Is this something I should splurge on or is it ok to buy a cheapo? I just want something sturdy and reliable.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2384 users online. 144 members and 2240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X