300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC problem

I am having a problem I can find a holster to put underneath my shirts. I always have this bulge going on. I wear western style clothing and wear a shirt thats a size up from my normal size. I can't seem to find the right holster. I am carrying a Charles Daly 1911 45acp. comander style.

I use the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB for my government Springfield. I have heard the Cross Breed super tuck is good too. I prefer IWB-inside the waist band. I am a member of the forum.m1911.org, there is a section for holsters for the 1911, do a search and you will find a whole lot of good info.

Kansas
    I trust my life with J. M. Browning's design, the 1911.

Comment

For CC I liked the Galco summer comfort for my 1911s and the XD45c (separate holsters of course). Similar design as the Milt Sparks summer comfort, but considerably less money, and on store shelves. They seem to migrate to the top of my "box o' holsters".

Since becoming a cop, I don't care so much if the average citizen sees my weapon or not. So lately I've been using belt scabbards.

The Galco works well in airplane seats too.
      Last edited by KenW.; 10-14-2009, 07:26 AM.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Check out comp-tac awesome stuff

Comment

I've had luck with a DeSantis Cozy Partner II, but I've heard something with offset snaps causes a smaller bulge.
          **Not a LEO**

Comment

Did you try a small-of-the-back set up?
            Last edited by TJ Jax; 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM. Reason: mistake
            "Ever consider a career in Southern Law Enforcement"

Comment

Originally posted by CrimeScene2785 View Post
              I always have this bulge going on.
              Try going commando and lose the tight jeans....

Comment

Galco Sky-ops...IWB I love it. and you can conceal big guns easy.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                  Try going commando and lose the tight jeans....
                  Then you gotta worry about ticks...
                  As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

I second the CrossBreed Super Tuck, but with an IWB holster, do you plan on carrying your 1911 in condition 1?

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                    Toby Keith

Comment

I dont know if it matters but a friend and instructor for the surefire institute swears by these. I have one and it is easy to manipulate, comfortable and is very snatch resistant.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=70_49
                      Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

Wow.....comando huh........My jeans aren't that tight. I don't like puttin it in the small of the back. Thanks for all the help though

Comment

Originally posted by CrimeScene2785 View Post
                          I am having a problem I can find a holster to put underneath my shirts. I always have this bulge going on. I wear western style clothing and wear a shirt thats a size up from my normal size. I can't seem to find the right holster. I am carrying a Charles Daly 1911 45acp. comander style.
                          A few thoughts: are you sure there's a bulge others will notice? I ask because some who CC are worried about the rest of the world seeing their rig when most people would not notice a LAW rocket. People are far less observant then some realize, and the CC person thinks there's this huge obvious bulge when no one else does. Just throwing that out there, you may be right.

For IWB (which I hate so this is second hand advice) the Comptac stuff seems very popular. I use a lot of their other stuff, and it's always really well made, thought out, and fairly prices.
                          - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 155 members and 3224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X