• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surf View Post
    It just gets better.
    lol
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

I'm starting to think jwise might have more guns than most gunshops.
      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Google search; right click photo; copy image address; paste into message text box with [ i m g ] [ / i m g ] brackets.

You don't have to own them to know them...
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Anything but a Glock! SIG 229 in .357 would be my first choice. BTW I also think your story is BS!
          "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

I would personally appreciate those who feel the need to comment on the veracity of the story provided to us by the OP to refrain. Who knows what goes on that we don't know about? His question might be legitimate, even though the back-story is not. There could be many reasons one might provide a false story in a public setting, hoping to find useful information to their possibly very real question.

Thanks.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

wow..

1903 Springfield and a Webley-Vickers 50.80
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                wow..

1903 Springfield and a Webley-Vickers 50.80
                You got something against the Krag-Jorgensen carbine and the Webley-Fosbery?
                The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

If not, go Glock. They work wet, dry, clean, dirty, hot or cold.
                  The XD passed the same tests. The Glock test is pretty much a standard for polymer pistols anymore.

There is nothing wrong with the Glock; but its not the only choice in hi-cap polymers.

That being said, when I go to work each day, i generally strap on a 1911 and leave the XD in the nightstand.
                  Last edited by KenW.; 10-14-2009, 07:38 AM.
                  I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

For a pistol< anything in 9mm, dependant on ammo availability, and location. Long gun, depends on the profile of your assignment.

Oh, and your full o'shyte.

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
                      The XD passed the same tests. The Glock test is pretty much a standard for polymer pistols anymore.

There is nothing wrong with the Glock; but its not the only choice in hi-cap polymers.

That being said, when I go to work each day, i generally strap on a 1911 and leave the XD in the nightstand.
                      I agree that the XD is a very good weapon. For overseas work I would choose the Glock because it is a European company vs. a U. S. company.

Stay safe!
                      ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nessmuk View Post
                        You got something against the Krag-Jorgensen carbine and the Webley-Fosbery?
                        while the KJ is a good CARBINE, i prefer the accuracy of a true long rifle and the heavier cartridge..

nothing at all wrong with the Webly-fosbery as the .455 is a hard hitting round and the weapon is highly accurate..just a difference of likes and dislikes.

to the OP, another good combo would be the ppsh-41 with a drum mag, and possibly a mauser c96 broomhandle with the detachable stock would be great for possible protective detail operations...
                        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

I call BS+2. In all my years working in the military and in FLE, I didn't know of any federal agency they didn't have a set of issued weapons. You would never just pick any random weapon because it looked "cool", you'd have to have strict regimented training on the weapon and there would be an official policy on the weapon.

There is a lot of liability for federal agencies according to what weapons they use, the caliber, and how it is used. This liability even applies overseas. This is real life, not the movies...

Comment

The role still hasn't been defined.

What I would choose for VIP protection/security detail is not necessarily what I would choose for combat patrols.

If I was going to run combat patrols in a non-permissive environment with non-us weapons, the AK-47 fitted with an Aimpoint and a light system would be my top choice. Re-training will be required since the AK operates in a significantly different manner than the M4, 552 or any other US weapon system. It's not a show stopping difference, but could make emergency reloads interesting during a firefight.

If I was running VIP protection or close in security, then a compact SBR type weapon would be my choice. Lots of riding in vehicles and inside of buildings favors the short barrel weapons. A SIG 556 as jwise mentioned would be a good choice. I got to run one of their full-auto shorties and was impressed. If you want to get further away from the US/Euro type weapons, then a AKSU-74 may be a good choice. The M4 is still my top choice as a CQB weapon, but if you want non-us weapons, then it's a no-go.

As far as handguns, the G17 is going to be on top. If you need more conceal-ability then the G19 is a good choice. Either one is field-serviceable with a punch and screwdriver and you can carry a mess of spare parts in a seabag.

Are you going to be issued body armor? If not, then I would consider that at least as important as the weapon you are going to carry.
                            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

======================
                              Last edited by tp2020; 03-24-2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

If your being for real and can get anything you want, nothing better than the LWRC PSD for protective service.
                                Last edited by Ronin226; 10-24-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5430 users online. 331 members and 5099 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X