Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Firearm Choice

=========================
    Last edited by tp2020; 03-24-2016, 02:00 PM.

Well Jwise has a Sig 552, so he could give you some insight onto that weapon, but if you're already familiar with it from training, it would seem like the obvious choice. The USP is also a great weapon, but you could look at the Glock 17 or 21 (9mm and .45). The 17 and 21 are both full size, but you will have a capacity of 17+1 with the 9mm, and 13+1 with the .45. They are also both easily concealable with a good quality IWB like the Crossbreed Supertuck IWB http://crossbreedholsters.com/IWB/ta...SC,ProductName. If you can choose whatever you want, money doesn't seem like an issue, and are looking for options other than the Sig 556 for a rifle, you should check out the FN SCAR, or an HK 416. Anyways, good luck in your weapon search, and I'm sure there will be plenty of other suggestions from folks here!
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Are you kidding me!? Am I supposed to believe that you are a US Fed Agent who is not issued weapons by his agency? Are you a contractor? I can't imagine anyone actually facing this weapon choice.

What will be your role? Will you be in red zones? Will you be pulling security details? Will you just be in the SUCK, and have the ability to be armed, but without any specific duty? Sorry, but I can't get my mind around this...

I'll just get to my recommendations:

If you are accustomed to the Sig 552, let me recommend something slightly different. Check out the Sig 556 SBR w/ side-folding "Classic" stock.

The advantage of the 556 over the 552 is that you can use M4 mags, which should be plentiful. In addition, if you are having to purchase any of this, extra mags (Magpul P-Mags) are MUCH cheaper than Sig mags! Lastly, Sig 552 mags don't fit in load bearing equipment that is easily obtainable.

As for a pistol, I'll get to that later. My son just asked me to play Legos with him!

ETA: As for pistol, I need a bit more information. Will this be concealed under a 5.11 vest, or under a blazer? If it needs to be "concealed", but not really "hidden", I'm not going to worry about size. However, if it truly does need to be hidden, and not just "officially" concealed, then size will be an issue.

You keep mentioning H&K products, so I assume that means you are very familiar with their pistols. Check out the USP Expert 45. That is pretty much the cat's meow as far as H&K goes.

If you don't need an H&K, check out the Springfield XD Tactical 45. It is similar in design concept as the Expert, but is MUCH cheaper and has a standard accessory rail for a weaponlight.

If you need a smaller handgun to truly conceal, then I would recommend ANY of the big name 45 compacts: Glock 30, S&W M&P 45 Compact, XD 45 Compact, H&K USP45C, etc... Go to your local toy store and pick out the one you like the best. Even better, go find a range that rents guns and shoot each of the listed pistols to see which one you like shooting the best.
      Last edited by jwise; 10-10-2009, 07:47 PM.
      J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure that you can commission Jwise to build your weapon out of Legos. If not, go Glock. They work wet, dry, clean, dirty, hot or cold.
        ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitthegym View Post
          Well Jwise has a Sig 552, so he could give you some insight onto that weapon...
          Negative. I have the Sig 556.

While the uppers are the same/similar, the lowers are quite different.
          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

If he's a Fed and they didn't issue him a duty weapon, this country is in far more debt than I care to acknowledge.

OP, if you're allowed to say, exactly what agency did you sign with?

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
              Negative. I have the Sig 556.

While the uppers are the same/similar, the lowers are quite different.
              Yeah, haha, sorry. I saw that he had said 552 and made a typo :-p I actually completely forgot that there was a 552 until I saw this thread. Counter Strike FTW.
              Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Don't tell me the agency because I don't want you to have to kill me.

Get a Colt M4A1 (since your a Federali) and a Nighthawk GRP or Wilson Combat CQB. Or a Sig Sauer.
                The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

That's it, I'm calling the White House, I want Jwise for Arms Czar!
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

"very familiar from training" should answer your inquiry right there.

But I am confused that you would be a fed and not issued your choice - in which case I second Surf's post (benching on the SIG for the side arm as that is my favorite tool for such things)

One thing about your OP is that the M4 has much more range to the collapsing stock than does the SIG 55x series ("classic" style collapsing/those on AR-type tubes have the same as the M4) so if it is to hide the thing you might want to balance that choice (folding v. collapsing; more range to the collapse for fit to various body armor) against the whole DI v. piston thing. I've got both DI Stoner designs and SIG 556, so no, I don't have to choose.

Still amazed that you would get to the point of being deployed overseas and not have the answer all figured out by now - either personally or for you. How good was that training?
                    The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

Im callin BS on this one....just graduated college a year ago so your 23ish, most federal academies are at least 9 months, so you would have just graduated, and your being sent into harms way overseas by said federal agency with little or no time on the job outside training and you need to solicit input from cops about what weapon you should take? Right........
                      "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

Originally posted by gloc_copper View Post
                        Im callin BS on this one....just graduated college a year ago so your 23ish, most federal academies are at least 9 months, so you would have just graduated, and your being sent into harms way overseas by said federal agency with little or no time on the job outside training and you need to solicit input from cops about what weapon you should take? Right........
                        +1 on the BS

Too many misspelled words and grammatical errors along with the above noted items lead me to question the authenticity of the OP.

Comment

----------------------------
                          Last edited by tp2020; 03-24-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

If you don't want a US-affiliated rifle, look at the Galil, or if you don't want an Israeli rifle, a South African R4 (Galil copy).

If you don't want something so exotic, just go with an AK, like the Polish Mini Beryl.

[Here's some Polish soldiers with the Mini Beryl]

Or, if you MUST have something more "native", just go with a good 'ol Krinkov:

J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

It just gets better.
                              The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4961 users online. 299 members and 4662 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X