300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Finger Slips off the M&P .45 Trigger

My finger sometimes slips off the trigger of my department issued M&P .45 when I shoot it. My finger slips to the inside from the recoil. I use the pad of my fingertip to pull the trigger and I'm not looking to change this. The trigger itself is smooth polymer. Is there anything I can do so my finger has a better grip? I didn’t have this problem with my Glock 21.

Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
    My finger sometimes slips off the trigger of my department issued M&P .45 when I shoot it. My finger slips to the inside from the recoil. I use the pad of my fingertip to pull the trigger and I'm not looking to change this. The trigger itself is smooth polymer. Is there anything I can do so my finger has a better grip? I didn’t have this problem with my Glock 21.
    Yeah, the transition is probably weird because you have no trigger safety like on the G21. Maybe put a tiny piece of skateboard tape on the trigger face? I'm sure you'll just get used to the feel of the M&P trigger and it'll stop slipping though.
    Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

I changed agencies about 2 years ago, so the trigger issue has gotten better. However I do miss the trigger safety the Glock has. I do believe that it helped keep my finger from slipping. I also miss the trigger reset of the Glock. There is no distinct "click" with the M&P so you have to almost guess when to pull the trigger for the follow-up shot. My final complaint with the M&P .45 compared to the Glock 21 is the magazine capacity. The G-21 having 13 + 1 vs the M&P having 10 +1. That’s enough whining about my department issued gun, just not the gun I prefer personally (and I’m sure there are threads already addressing these issues at length).

I thought about the grip tape option before and will probably end up implementing it if nothing else out there exist. Thanks for the insight Hitthegym.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Bill View Post
        I changed agencies about 2 years ago, so the trigger issue has gotten better. However I do miss the trigger safety the Glock has. I do believe that it helped keep my finger from slipping. I also miss the trigger reset of the Glock. There is no distinct "click" with the M&P so you have to almost guess when to pull the trigger for the follow-up shot. My final complaint with the M&P .45 compared to the Glock 21 is the magazine capacity. The G-21 having 13 + 1 vs the M&P having 10 +1. That’s enough whining about my department issued gun, just not the gun I prefer personally (and I’m sure there are threads already addressing these issues at length).

I thought about the grip tape option before and will probably end up implementing it if nothing else out there exist. Thanks for the insight Hitthegym.
        No problem! It sucks that you can't carry a Glock at your new agency :\ They don't have an approved personally owned duty weapon list or anything?
        Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

My old agency (out west) has an approved list. My current agency (mid-west) does not. For some reason the agencies around here issue duty handguns while out west you had to buy your own. Issued gun = saves yourself money. Buy your own = you have to spend your own $ but you get to carry the gun that fits you best. Personally I would rather buy my own gun, unless my agency bought the gun I wanted to carry of course. I do appreciate my issued gun and I know that whatever gun my agencies picks will not make everyone happy.

Comment

Yeah, and the M&P has grip inserts, doesn't it? So I guess that means that it'll pretty much "fit" anyone. Oh yeah, and I just thought of something that got past me earlier. If you are allowed to modify your dept. issue weapon, take it to a smith and have him checker the your trigger face, that would definitely solve the problem of a slippery trigger
            Eat Meat, Build Mass!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5813 users online. 364 members and 5449 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X