300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrol rifles

I'm a second year criminal justice student. The writting assignment for one of my AOJ classes this semester is on police weapons. Does anybody have any information on police deptartments that issue or allow the use of rifles other than the Ar-15 and/or chambering other than .223? It's a great rifle, but it would be helpful if I can find some other types of rifles. Specific agency names would be great too. Thanks.

I believe Cal Fish and Game issues Mini-14's. 417Lt can comment on that.

We have AR-15's. I don't know of any agency that has anything bigger than a 5.56mm for patrol usage. I vaguely recall hearing about a San Diego area agency that authorized Springfield 14's (7.62) for patrol usage. Don't remember which agency it was though.

Comment

You might get something useful from this thread.
      **Not a LEO**

Comment

Mesquite PD in Texas issues the Mini-14, but authorizes .223rem, 7.62X39, and 30-30. Perhaps other calibers, but I can't recall. I was pushing for 6.8 when I left.
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
          I believe Cal Fish and Game issues Mini-14's. 417Lt can comment on that.
          I actually think they are M1As....could be wrong though, but the .308 platform would make more sense for what they need them for.
          sigpic

In Memory
          Officer J. Sanders
          EOW 12-15-2008

Loyalty...Duty...Respect...Selfless Service...Honor...Integrity...Personal Courage

Comment

Some of the Deputies around here had lever action 30-30's up until Columbine.
            Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Mini14's and Ar15 is what issued. I was given permission to carry my personal ps90.
              Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Addison PD in TX uses FN PS90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Investigator 26
                  Some agencies back east are going to that Reminton rifle that looks and functions like a shotgun, chambered in a .223. This way they won't look so "intimidating" to their tree hugging liberal citizens.
                  Hopefully none of the agencies that I want to work for are thinking of switching to that POS.
                  Eat Meat, Build Mass!

www.centralfloridaammo.com

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys. Blizzination, do you have any more specifics on the agency that issues the M1a? I'm in the San Diego area, and there's a ton of different agencies here.

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      Addison PD in TX uses FN PS90s.
                      Thanks. I haven't heard of any departments that use that one.

Comment

Before we went to AR's...........we had SKS rifles 7.62x39 in our cars. Bayonets were removed and the wooden stocks were replaced with synthetics.

Steve

Comment

My department recently aquired enough ar-15's to replace mini-14's, though mini-14 rifles are still permitted to be carried. All our rifles must be in .223 caliber/5.56
                          Statements and opinions expressed by Aggie08 are personally held and do not represent the views of any law enforcement agency or other organization.

Comment

Each of our squads has a M4 chambered in .223. We also have access to a M14 we received thru mil-surplus (full auto capable).
                            Good.........bad..........I'm the guy with the gun - Army of Darknesssigpic

Comment

We carry Colt M16A1 5.56, standard issue for all sworn officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5945 users online. 355 members and 5590 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X