300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to feed

I was shooting my Sig Sauer P226 and I was having a great time until I decided to shoot my duty issued Glock 22 that is a generation three that looks likes it been through a few officers before it came to me. I loaded a magazine with about 10 rounds and I had 4 of the rounds not feed properly. I loaded another magazine and the same thing happened again.

I shot it some more and my Glock had a few more failures. I gave up and I put the Glock back into the bag. I was shooting Blazer ammo and I am not sure what is wrong and I have to be at work tomorrow. I do maintain my Glock but I think that its old and needs to be retired. I don't need advice, I just feel like venting. I am calling my Sgt. before I go on duty. I was thinking that I would just walk around with my rifle tomorrow if I don't get a different duty pistol and I am sure the chief would love that.

Hate to see people down a Glock, even those that don't ask for advice yet post on an open forum. With that said, seems to me that you may have some weak mag springs that need to be replaced. If it is an "old" duty weapon, chances are it is in need of a tune up.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I haven't shot for a while and I fired the first 3 threes rounds and I was thinking in my head I guess Glock isn't so bad after all. Then I pull the trigger and my pistol doesn't go bang and the problem starts from there. Well, there nothing I can do with my duty pistol and I will have my department take care of it.
      Last edited by SigSauerfirst; 09-25-2009, 01:16 AM. Reason: ..

Comment

Glock? Really? I punish mine and it works flawlessly...

Was it the Blazer ammo with the non brass casing? Some of my buddies have had issues with those casings expanding when fired in rifles and getting stuck, or even worse feeding a live round that will not eject even when fired from an AR-15 because of the heat from the barrel.

That still wouldn't explain your issue =P
        How can you tell when an old Deputy is on a break or not? You can't

***None of the above is representative of, or officially endorsed by any agency what-so-ever***

Comment

Look at the number on the mag follower. If its not an ''8'' try getting new mags, should help your gun run better...

Comment

Weak magazine spring. I've shot Glocks for 16 years and have never had a problem...until last week. My M-23 had 3 failure to feeds in 24 rounds. Both mags had been loaded and left in my gun safe for at least 9 years (spare mags that I forgot about). Changed the mag springs. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by sawtac
              Weak magazine spring. I've shot Glocks for 16 years and have never had a problem...until last week. My M-23 had 3 failure to feeds in 24 rounds. Both mags had been loaded and left in my gun safe for at least 9 years (spare mags that I forgot about). Changed the mag springs. Problem solved.
              Echo? Hello? Sounds like a recording around here.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Sorry townCop. As a Deputy, I saw your name and automatically disregarded your opinion. Just kiddin', city kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by sawtac View Post
                  The mag springs shouldn't be it. Keeping your mags loaded and compressed, contrary to popular belief, shouldn't be affecting the way your mags work. The followers are what I would be worried about.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Do you have a tac light on the end? There have been numerous reports and my own first hand observations of G22's, with tac lights, and people limp wristing causing malfunctions.
                    People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

Since you just came from shooting a sig here's what I think will happen. Your armorer is going to take your gun and shoot a magazine. He will put them all in a 3" circle with no failures to feed. It's called limp wristing and is very common when someone comes from firing another style pistol.
                      If I had a dime for every person who swore it was the Glock I'd be rich.

It could be your mag springs but I doubt it. It could also be the recoil spring wearing out. Both are easy to replace.

Does it happen randomly or more toward's the last few rounds of each mag. If it's toward the end of each mag it may be the spring.
                      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

You can't wear out a Glock, not at the rate we shoot them. I'll go along with others and say your probably limp-wristing it.

I know it's a RARE occurance, but I've personally seen it happen. Take your extractor out and clean it and the entire channel. I've seen little shards of metal work itself into the area where the extractor moves, causing VERY stiff extractor tension and a resultant FTF.

Field strip it, scrub it with a good solvent, blow it all out with B-12 carb cleaner, oil it and I'd almost guarantee it'll work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3746 users online. 244 members and 3502 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X