300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Holster

What is a good off-duty holster? I am looking for something that will conceal a glock 22 .40cal.

where are you planing on carrying it? do you prefer a certain material? color? are you right or left handed?

There are way to many factors to consider without more information and then still so many options that will mostly come down to personal preference and or experience. However you do have a firearm that many manufactures make multiple different options for but keep in mind it is a very bulky weapon to conceal. If you have a choice on what to carry off-duty i would definitely be looking at quite a few different choices than that particular firearm.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

in general..

a leather pancake type holster, something you slip your belt through (the holster) that holds it high and tight... Gould & Goodrich, Bianchi, etc. You will have to try the different holsters for your particular taste in carry.

the G22 is large and bulky but it can be carried.. I have a bianchi carry-lok and it works great but I use the serpa CQB holster..
      ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
      -- John Wayne

Comment

cross breed supertuck

Comment

Originally posted by ZoomByU View Post
          cross breed supertuck
          This or the COMPTAC C-TAC would get my vote.
          Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

Use a BearClaw iwb and love it. Can order it with cant and several belt retainers. Works with my 27 pretty well too.

Comment

I have a Smartcarry holter for my glock 27, I love it... although you sacrifice slower draw for better concealment.

http://www.smartcarry.com/
              How can you tell when an old Deputy is on a break or not? You can't

***None of the above is representative of, or officially endorsed by any agency what-so-ever***

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNC
                Amen. No need to look further.
                +2

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNC
                  Amen. No need to look further.
                  +2

Comment

I will again say that with a larger weapon, your choice of cover shirt is as important as the holster choice. The Crossbreed Supertuck is an excellent choice for IWB, and any type of leather high rise pancake style would serve well, but I prefer the Don Hume "Jit Slide" holster, which is similar to a Texas Yaqui. I used to carry a Ruger P-89 well concealed in one, and they are like a brick to conceal.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                    Toby Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                      This or the COMPTAC C-TAC would get my vote.
                      I think the Comp-tac MTAC is an even better choice because of the leather backing. Also you can buy spare MTAC pistol shell bodies for any weapon you have and change it out. I love my MTAC and wouldn't change it for anything.
                      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Crossbreed Supertuck is an excellent holster. I use it for my G27 and it is very comfortable. I do recommend getting the Combat cut. Spend the extra $$.....I wish I did.
                        "Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs."

Comment

Originally posted by TwistLockSSD View Post
                          I have a Smartcarry holter for my glock 27, I love it... although you sacrifice slower draw for better concealment.

http://www.smartcarry.com/
                          that one seems like it would suck to sitdown with it on. I do love the pics of the old guy in his boxers tho
                          Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
                          -Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
                          -Ronald Reagan

Big Mak Attack AKA Big Mac Attack

Comment

a few months ago i got a galco summer comfort 2 for my glock 30 (.45 cal) and absolutely love it. i had a kydex holster before and it wasnt very comfortable but the leather is awesome. its a big gun and i carry it at about 4 oclock position with just a tshirt cover.
                            Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Just throwing in my suggestion for Raven Concealment. Very low profile. I can conceal a full-size pistol with light.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4154 users online. 234 members and 3920 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X