• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962

To: Cabela's California Customers
    Subject: California Assembly Bill 962
    Date: Sept. 22, 2009

We are writing to inform you of pending legislation that will restrict purchases of handgun ammunition in California and will terminate our ability to service your needs for certain products.

On Friday, Sept. 11, the California Assembly passed Assembly Bill 962, by a 44-31 vote.

Among other regulations, AB 962 would:

• Ban all mail-order and Internet sales of handgun ammunition.
    • Prohibit the retail sale, the offer for sale or the display of handgun ammunition in a
    manner that allows ammunition to be accessible to a purchaser without assistance of a
    vendor or employee.
    • Require that the delivery or transfer of ownership of handgun ammunition occur in a
    face-to-face transaction, with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
    evidence of identity of the purchaser or other transferee.

That evidence of identity, which must be legibly recorded at the time of delivery, includes:

• The right thumbprint of the purchaser or transferee.
    • The date of the sale or other transaction.
    • The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the
    state in which it was issued.
    • The brand, type and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.
    • The purchaser's or transferee's signature.
    • The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.
    • The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.
    • The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

The bill is on the desk of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, where it awaits his consideration. He will have until Oct. 11 to sign or veto the bill. If he does not veto the bill, it will become law.

If you wish to comment on AB 962, you may contact Gov. Schwarzenegger by phone at (916) 445-2841, or via fax at (916) 558-3160. To e-mail Gov. Schwarzenegger, visit
    http://gov.ca.gov/interact

We encourage all Cabela's customers who participate in the shooting sports to contact Gov. Schwarzenegger to voice their opposition to this initiative, which will limit your opportunities to shop with Cabela's, and will restrict the sale of handgun ammunition everywhere in California.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

You know, they make long-guns in traditional handgun calibers, and vice-versa. Someone needs to learn these idiots...

In my state I'm not required to jump through such hoops to exercise my Constitutional rights.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
      You know, they make long-guns in traditional handgun calibers, and vice-versa. Someone needs to learn these idiots...

In my state I'm not required to jump through such hoops to exercise my Constitutional rights.
      These folks could care less.....they are Hoplophobes to the nth degree, and will not be happy until private ownership of ALL firearms is illegal in this state.
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Yeah, I was pondering the purchase of buying some property next to Buffalo Bills in State Line, NV to make ammo sales. Maybe all I would really need is a space in a parking lot like some kind of fireworks stand.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Here is the contact information for the governator.

Step 1: Call 916-445-2841 (Governor)
          Step 2: Press 1 for English
          Step 3: Press 2 to comment on a bill
          Step 4: Listen for AB962 option
          Step 5: Press 2 for Oppose (VETO)

I am calling from every phone I can.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
          - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Forgive my lack of legislative knowledge, but does Boxer or Feinstein have any say on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
              does Boxer or Feinstein have any say on this?
              No, the Bill involved is an inside CA, only, state matter. Although they might support and rally others around it, they have likely have no fingers in the pot. They might always, howver, co-sponsor a Senate bill trying to do the same thing for the country!

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

If the ammo companies decide to do as Barrett did, then LE agencies in Cali might soon have to import their ammo from overseas.

Bill
                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kennedyford
                  Hmm I smell profit...Can you see it...Cali AZ line across from Flying J...Video, Jerky, Ammo....lol
                  Hmmm, someone's been hanging out by I-10 eastbound, milepost 0.4
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

I'm glad that I left when I did...

It still amazes me how much easier it is in Michigan to purchase a pistol and obtain a CCW...it's like another country (oh, wait...it is!).

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                      Yeah, I was pondering the purchase of buying some property next to Buffalo Bills in State Line, NV to make ammo sales. Maybe all I would really need is a space in a parking lot like some kind of fireworks stand.
                      Soon they'll put a ban on interstate ammo purchases, too.

i.e., no bringing it in from another state.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                        i.e., no bringing it in from another state.
                        Hmmmm, yes, let's see the forthcoming elite league of CA border inspectors, keeping out ammo, black rifles, black cars, big screen TV's, and anything else they deem as verbotten!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          Hmmmm, yes, let's see the forthcoming elite league of CA border inspectors, keeping out ammo, black rifles, black cars, big screen TV's, and anything else they deem as verbotten!
                          Didn't say it could be effectively enforced.

Comment

Really, I'm not surprised - We are talking about the Kommunist Kountry of Kalifornia - The beginning of the New World Order. Where the politicians have trampled on the 2nd amendment for years. If Gov Terminator doesn't veto it, there should be riots in the streets, oppps wait, I was thinking it's part of the US.

We should put the fence up around Kalifornia, that would do two things, keep to radical idiot liberals and the illegals who have bankrupted Kalifornia out of the US.

Comment

California seriously just needs to break off and become it's own country. All the libs can move their for free, and all the conservatives can move out for free up to 90 days after the secession is over.

Keith I don't know how you did it.
                              Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 334 members and 5605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X