300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steyr M40A1 *pic*

I don't think I ever put up some picture of my Steyr, and I know how my fellow PFLE guys like pictures so here is it, just took them this morning.

Last edited by Oldnoob; 09-18-2009, 01:34 PM.
    Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

http://oldnoobloveguns.blogspot.com

Nice pistole'., and I have to say a very cool avatar pic
    -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
    -Daniel Silva

Comment

Thats interesting. I have never seen one before

Comment

I've never shot one. How do you like it?
        J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

The upper part of the backstrap is cut pretty deep. Does that help with recoil from the short barrel?
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Lets you choke up higher safely, which is what reduces muzzle flip. The torque increases linearly with distance between your hand and the slide.

On the flip side, the longer the grip the greater the amount of torque you can apply with the same pressure delivered by your finger.
            **Not a LEO**

Comment

I held one the other day at a gun show. I'll have one as soon as I can convince my wife that I really, really need another gun.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman318 View Post
                Thats interesting. I have never seen one before
                They may not to the point "rare" but sure aren't common. Only 20k units of Steyr Polymer pistols ever got imported into US (model M, M-A1, S series). And Steyr Arm officially announce last year that they will not be import them any more.

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  I've never shot one. How do you like it?
                  Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                  The upper part of the backstrap is cut pretty deep. Does that help with recoil from the short barrel?

Compare to my G23, the grip is much thinner, longer (closer to G22 than G23), and allow my hand to grip much higher. It fits my hand very well. The sight take a bit to get used to though.

Recoil had reduce a lot by the weight (28oz) and a full size grip. Over all, an outstanding pistol.
                  Last edited by Oldnoob; 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sawtac View Post
                    I held one the other day at a gun show. I'll have one as soon as I can convince my wife that I really, really need another gun.
                    You wife need more than one pair of shoes doesn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldnoob View Post
                      You wife need more than one pair of shoes doesn't she?
                      Only if she is Filipina.

BTW Nice gun.
                      sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

From the looks of it I think I'd like the ergonomics of the grip.
                        "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." - Teddy Roosevelt

Disclaimer: The opinions I express here are mine and mine alone. They are not intended to reflect the positions/opinions of any other known person(s) or organization(s).

Comment

I told myself that if I found a good deal on a 9mm, it will be mine.

I have handled them and liked them, but never had a chance to fire one.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
                          8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

BTW guys, I update my signature and post a gun review on my blog about this gun. Feel welcome to check it out.

PS, I'm not professional writer so go easy on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                              I told myself that if I found a good deal on a 9mm, it will be mine.

I have handled them and liked them, but never had a chance to fire one.
                              If you can find one around $500 in decent shape, pick it up. I too wanted a 9mm instead of 40, but if I pass that deal I knew I would not be able to findl another one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5677 users online. 325 members and 5352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X