300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&p

My department is in the process of switching over to the M&P 45, a much needed up grade, and I saw the M&P 15's that we will be getting some in the armorer's safe today......what you guys think.

You should be good to go...
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
      You should be good to go...
      I agree. I've never fired the M&P-45, but I love my M&P-40. It is, for me, an intuitive point-and-shoot pistol, which helps with the accuracy. I love the adjustable backstrap too, since I have small hands that don't fit around a Glock well. I liked it so much that I got an M&P-15T, which I have also been very happy with.

Comment

I think you'll be well armed and well pleased with the department's choices.

Comment

My department carries the M&P .40 and several of us are carying personally-owned M&P15A's. I have yet to hear any complaints about either weapon. We did have a few of the pistols come down with a mag release problem that was a known issue but Smith fixed it quickly and the newer pistols are supposed to not have the same problem.

Overall, very nice, comfortable, reliable weapons.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

thanks guys....it was a much needed improvement over the stone aged smiths we were carrying. im finding the trigger a little difficult to get used to i guess its going to be dry firing and range time for months ( more than a normally do of course)

Comment

Two things dry fire it a bunch the trigger will smooth in, if you shoot to trigger reset and not to completely off the trigger then the second pull will be shorter and smoother.

Comment

Arguably one of the best choices for on-duty... armorers and leftys will enjoy the ambedexterous qualities of the M&P, not to mention the grip is much easier for those without freakishly large hands.

...oh and the serrations on the front of the slide are cool too
                How can you tell when an old Deputy is on a break or not? You can't

***None of the above is representative of, or officially endorsed by any agency what-so-ever***

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5277 users online. 303 members and 4974 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X