300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Armorer Course....

Attended my re-certification for being an armorer on the Glock. Have to say, my cert had been up a couple of years and this was by far, the best class I've been to covering this material. Joel Hodges, the instructor, knows his stuff and he makes the Glock "Kool-Aid" taste pretty damn good.

Got to play around with the new RTF Glock on a G22. I'll be ordering mine on Friday. Gave us the word on the Glock .45 GAP and how that round stacks up against the .45 auto. Said that the Florida Highway Patrol is FINALLY dumping their Beretta's for the G37. Sounds interesting. There are already a handful of agencies using this round.

Said tentatively, at the first of the year we'll see a new, beefier G22 slide, and that ALL of the standard models will be coming in the "SF" size as an option.

Glock will also be making available changeable backstraps as some of you on here have said you'd like to see. Doesn't Smith and the XD do this? Apparently people have been writing Glock a lot and they're going to be offering this fairly soon as well. The grip will be the same, so for those of us that like it, great. Those that don't, you'll have at least two (I think he said) other pieces you can add to your liking.

Glock is also about to (year or so), release a rifle, based on the Bull Pup platform. And finally, Glock will also have a line of shotguns in the near future as well.

Which/what items Glock brings to the table for show at the first of the year is anybody's guess he says. Said that Glock now has 80% of the LE market here in the US. Excellent training day. As a new firearms instructor, I can honestly say that I did learn a ton of stuff I was clueless on. Anyway, there's some stuff, thought I'd through it out for y'all.
    Last edited by towncop; 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Um I need a long slide G21, hook it up!!!! j/k

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
      Attended my re-certification for being an armorer on the Glock. Have to say, my cert had been up a couple of years and this was by far, the best class I've been to covering this material. Joel Hodges, the instructor, knows his stuff and he makes the Glock "Kool-Aid" taste pretty damn good.
      You learned that much more about the weapon system on the re-cert than you learned from the first one? How much more can you learn?

Its a darn Glock for Pete's sake. It's only a chunk of plastic and a couple of springs.
      The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

[QUOTE=towncop;1981765] Gave us the word on the Glock .45 GAP and how that round stacks up against the .45 auto.

So is the .45 GAP basically a 45 short, with the purpose of more rounds in the magazine ?

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
        Toby Keith

Comment

[QUOTE=55-502;1982034]
          Originally posted by towncop View Post
          Gave us the word on the Glock .45 GAP and how that round stacks up against the .45 auto.

So is the .45 GAP basically a 45 short, with the purpose of more rounds in the magazine ?

I believe the 45 GAP was designed to put a .45 bullet in a 9mm/.40 sized frame. Those G21 sized frames are massive and a lot of folks (including myself) can't comfortably get a good grip on it. The G21SF also helps w/ this, but I would guess that a lot more people could comfortably grip the G17/G22 sized frame over the standard G20/G21 sized frame. Also, it wouldn't surprise me that Glock wanted a bullet with their name on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post

This very question was asked. Now, I'm no technical bullet-data guy and can't remember exactly what the instructor said, except for "absolutely not." He then went on to talk about a bunch of other statistical data, measurements and all that. But did say no, it's not a "45 short."
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Glock rifle ? Damn sounds like a broken record, I keep hearing it every year.
              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
                Glock rifle ? Damn sounds like a broken record, I keep hearing it every year.
                Perfection takes time man! You don't want Mr. Glock to get it wrong with such a huge thing riding on this.

Comment

I wanna Glock 18!!

Comment

I've been hearing of a Glock carbine since I first certified as an armorer in 2002. I'm afraid that your instructor has simply come up with this story to provide an answer to the question that he gets asked EVERY class.

I HOPE that I'm wrong!
                    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC144 View Post
                      I've been hearing of a Glock carbine since I first certified as an armorer in 2002. I'm afraid that your instructor has simply come up with this story to provide an answer to the question that he gets asked EVERY class.

I HOPE that I'm wrong!
                      Yeah, I heard it too when I was first certified in 2000. Stands to reason that they should be getting close however.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                        Its a darn Glock for Pete's sake. It's only a chunk of plastic and a couple of springs.
                        39 parts.

"Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Why are they beefing up the slide on the G22? It's already wider than a 1911. That's always been my main complaint with Glock, they just don't know how to make a slim pistol. The G36 is wider than the compact M&P in .45 ACP and holds 2 fewer rounds. All in all they're great guns, reliable to a fault and more than accurate enough for defensive purposes.

Comment

I love my new g22 rtf. Carry the g21 on duty and would like it in the rtf option. A long slide 45 would be nice too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4481 users online. 271 members and 4210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X