300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Sport Shooting

Anyone ever been to one of these? I just found out yesterday there will be one about an hour or so from here this weekend. Wife has given her blessing for me to go. Might have to breakin that new SIG earlier than I figured... like today.
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

You're taking a Sig to a GSSF shoot?
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Who's got the rope???!!!!
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
        You're taking a Sig to a GSSF shoot?
        I don't have a Glock, so I thought maybe I could trade it for 2 Glocks.
        sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

You'd have to trade it. They don't allow non-Glock pistols in their competitions.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I've been a GSSF member for four years and been going to every match. A lot of the matches are stationary shooting. Accuracy is the key, then timing. During the matches, there's an on-site Armor to clean and replace parts on your Glock. And lastly, as a member you can get Glocks at a great deal: Glock 17 standard for $398.20.

Comment

Current members of GSSF are now eligible to attend the Glock Armorer's course, as well.
              NRA Life Member

Comment

You'd have to trade it. They don't allow non-Glock pistols in their competitions.
                Well crapola. At least I found that out before going there. Thanks sarge.
                sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Well, it is the Glock Sports Shooting Foundation.

They've got info on their site including rules and stages of fire.
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

Well, it is the Glock Sports Shooting Foundation.

They've got info on their site including rules and stages of fire.

I sorta missed that part.

Sarge, I do appreciate you pointing it out though. I would have been really ticked if I'd drove all that way to find it out.
                    sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

No worries, brother.

Glad to be of service!
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

Which is why I prefer IDPA.

Comment

They don't want you bringing a better gun to the competition.
                          The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf View Post
                            They don't want you bringing a better gun to the competition.
                            Didn't you read the initial post? He wasn't talking about taking a better gun. He was going to take a Sig.
                            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I'd bet a handsome sum that if you showed up and stated that you would like to shoot, but don't own a Glock, there would be a few people who would offer their pistol on loan.

At least I know that's what I would do...
                              J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5761 users online. 352 members and 5409 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X