300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock River AR's

What are your opinions on the Rock River AR's. I bought an Entry Tac two years ago and have put about 1000 rounds through it and love it. We were recently issued AR's for the first time at work and had the option to carry our own or get a department rifle. I chose the department rifle because it was like getting a free gun and I would not have to worry about anything happening to mine at work and it not being replaced. The issued gun is a Bushmaster with a removeable handle, not sure of the exact model. We took them to the range and I was no where near as accurate with the Bushmaster as I am with my Rock River. My RRA also just feels more solid to me, probably just because it is what I am used to. I think it boils down to the RRA having the two stage match trigger. I still qualified with the Bushmaster and was the only one to do so the first relay, out of eight officers. Should I just get over the fact that my group is a little bigger with the issued rifle or should I turn it in and just carry my own. I just worry about mine being damaged in a crash or taking a bullet when our team makes an entry. Both rifles have iron sights with the only modification being a single forward rail with grip and light.
    Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9).

Your comments are that your RRA rifle is:

A) More accurate, and
    B) "Feels more solid"

What you are noticing is the effect of:

A) the RRA 2-stage trigger, and
    B) the heavier profile of the RRA barrel.

Practice with the new trigger, and you'll get the accuracy back. As for "feel," I consider saving 1/2lb a GOOD thing!
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Simple process of ordering either a Rock River, or Bushmaster 2-stage trigger and swapping it out on your duty weapon. Or get a drop in single stage unit like Timney makes.

If they would let you carry your own rifle with a two stage trigger, they should not care if you put one in their rifle, but maybe they will.

They being dept. heads.

Comment

We can do any modifications we want as long as we do nothing to the lower other than grip changes. So a trigger job is out. Guess I will just carry my RRA. No offense meant and I appreciate your response and knowledge Jwise, but I don't want to get used to something when I have something I know I am better with. If we were issued ammo and I could go shoot as much as I want with it then I would just give it time. But we were given rifles, 100 rnds, a qualify/familiarization day, and told we could carry them. I think I will stick with what I know. Thanks for the replies.
        Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9).

Comment

Did you shoot both with the same ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by opd743 View Post
            We can do any modifications we want as long as we do nothing to the lower other than grip changes. So a trigger job is out. Guess I will just carry my RRA. No offense meant and I appreciate your response and knowledge Jwise, but I don't want to get used to something when I have something I know I am better with. If we were issued ammo and I could go shoot as much as I want with it then I would just give it time. But we were given rifles, 100 rnds, a qualify/familiarization day, and told we could carry them. I think I will stick with what I know. Thanks for the replies.
            Not even a carbine class?

Comment

I have shot the RRA with all types and I am more accurate with it. We used federal at the range.

Yeah we had a class and most of us are already familiar with them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6195 users online. 370 members and 5825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X