300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahr pm9 or pm40?

I am up in arms about which gun I want. It will be for concealed carry/bug. I am thinking pocket holster and/or iwb. My dept. has .40 cal so I would get to use their ammo. I've read that the .40 has alot of kick and there is not much to hold on to. What gun do would you choose? And why!!

I have never shot the PM40, but I love my PM9. Either way, I'm sure you're going to be happy with your purchase.
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

I love my PM9.. from my research, many of the Kahr problems are with .40 pistols. That's not scientific research, just observation, so take it for what it's worth.

My vote goes to PM9, I agree with jwise, both are excellent pistols and you won't be disappointed.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Owning a PM-9 myself, I can't imagine the amount of recoil with a 40 If you have the opportunity to shoot both, I would highly advise it. I have shot my son's Glock 27 in 40, and it had significant recoil even being a larger framed gun than the Kahr.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
        Toby Keith

Comment

How are you guys carrying the gun? I won't have the chance to shoot either of them as I don't know anyone with one. I have shot a 27 and my duty is a 35(big ol girl). I was really hoping to carry in my front pocket but I wear mostly jeans and I think it will be unconfortable when I sit. Anyone use "Thunderwear" to carry? What I like about Kahr is how slim it is. For you guys with a 27 how are you carrying it? (On and Off duty)

Comment

If it's not in my front pocket, it's in a Don Hume "Jit Slide" holster......Love it!

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
            Toby Keith

Comment

I'd personally lean toward the PM9 due to the small size and recoil.

I carry an NAA Guardian in .32acp in my front pocket almost daily and it is about as large as I would want to carry that way (I'm 5'9" / ~175 lbs).

As for the holster, I've tried Thunderwear in the past, but the cloth wore through after several months of use using an NAA Mini-mag revolver or Ruger SP101. Not fast, but well concealed. Reasonably comfortable with a small gun, but I'm not sure if a Kahr would be small enough for me. If you consider this route, I'd look at SmartCarry brand (I think) or a custom leather holster.

Comment

I don't know how you guys wear the PM9 in jeans. Maybe you wear different kinds of jeans than I do...

The PM9 fits perfectly in any cargo pant, shorts, or dress pant pocket. If I'm wearing jeans, my shirt is untucked and I have a Glock 30 on my hip.
                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iowaguy83 View Post
                  How are you guys carrying the gun? I won't have the chance to shoot either of them as I don't know anyone with one. I have shot a 27 and my duty is a 35(big ol girl). I was really hoping to carry in my front pocket but I wear mostly jeans and I think it will be unconfortable when I sit. Anyone use "Thunderwear" to carry? What I like about Kahr is how slim it is. For you guys with a 27 how are you carrying it? (On and Off duty)
                  I only carry the PM 9 when my dress won't allow me to carry my 27/22/P220. When I do carry it I carry it in a pocket holster in either my right front pocket, my right back pocket or a right cargo pocket. In the when it's warmer I usually carry the Glock 27 in a sidearmour Kydex IWB holster at about 4 o'clock or 430. The holster has "J-hooks" so it rides pretty low. I can often conceal it with just a regular fitting T-shirt. It is pretty much invisible if I wear any type of cover shirt.
                  Let no one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5508 users online. 306 members and 5202 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X