300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmmg That Will Not Eat Wolf Ammo

A friend has a CMMG that will not eat Wolf ammo. It fails to eject and other things related that I can't remember the specifics on. It will eat brass ammo all day long without a hicup.

Any suggestions on curing this digestive problem?
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Wolf extra power extractor spring, no relation to Wolf ammo. perhaps an adjustable gas system to tune the gas to the ammo, or heavier buffer to slow the ejection down untill the fired case has released from the chamber, or extra power buffer spring to do the same thing..

Comment

David, Do you approve of this fix kit?

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=373
      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

That was a few different kits, the only one I would not use is the D-Fender only because of the cost of a special shaped O-ring when a std. shaped O-ring will work. I ususlly use the Wolf xp springs only but the o-ring and insert type kits do the same thing increase extractor tension.

Comment

Thanks! Information passed on.
          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Yeah, he needs more extraction power, or delay in unlocking.

In addition, he might want to buy a chamber brush, to clean out that gummed up chamber. Disregard if he already does this....
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

For internet search purposes: Wolff springs has 2 "f"s.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Have CMMG and eats Wolf ammo for b'fast, lunch, a snack and dinner with no problems.
                No, I do not have any fancy springs either!
                Like jwise said, maybe a good cleaning, ......!

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  In addition, he might want to buy a chamber brush, to clean out that gummed up chamber. Disregard if he already does this....
                  He's got a chamber brush. I suggested he use it. He said he was going to order the extractor spring fix kit.
                  sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Tell him to go to the hardware store and buy a #60 O-ring.
                    J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      Tell him to go to the hardware store and buy a #60 O-ring.

an O-ring fix only?
                      sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

That's the same as the D-fender

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                          an O-ring fix only?
                          Yup. It'll cost a buck or so for a 10-pack at Lowe's.
                          J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll let you know the outcome as soon as I know it.
                            sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Don't add just any O-ring that you get at a hardware or autoparts store, as these are made of butyl rubber. Butyl rubber melts around 250-degrees, you gun will run around 350-375, so you will end up with a melted mess. Butyl rubber also disolves from petroleum, so many types of lubricants and cleaners may eat the butyl rubber away, we lost a bunch of Surefire pressure strips that way. If you are adding a D-Ring, its material doesn't get effected by heat or petroleum based products. If using an O-ring, these need to be made from Viton, which doesn't get effected by the heat that the rifle will produce or from petroleum based products.

Is you friends rifle actually getting a fail to eject or fail to extract? If it is a fail to extract then you either have a weak or dirty extraction system, possibly a dirty chamber, too tight of a chamber which is hanging onto the brass, or the bolt us unlocking too early before the chamber pressure has dropped. If you have a fail to eject, then you may not have enough power to move the bolt carrier assembly back far enough, which basically means that there is not enough gas pressure to cycle things, this could be due to a lot of things like one of the 4 gas seals leaking, improperly timed gas port, etc.

Is this a CMMG rifle or complete upper that was added to some other brand of lower?

CY6
                              Greg Sullivan "Sully"
                              SLR15 Rifles
                              TheDefensiveEdge.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4359 users online. 275 members and 4084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X