300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Glock Lovers And Haters

I heard rumors that Glock is making some big changes for their models in 2010. If you could make changes to Glocks, what would they be? If you are a hater, what would you change to make it better? This could become an interesting thread.

For Glock to continue to prosper, they need to dump the molded finger grooves which fit only tiny fingers, and they need to jump on the bandwagon of replacement backstraps to give the customer the ability to size the grip frame to their own hands. Glock was the first, then others copied, then others improved, but Glock has not changed so market share is going to slip.

Comment

A better angle on the grip, a grip safety or a true external safety (best of the three).
      Be safe, watch their hands and always check your "6"

Comment

Make a G-1911....
        I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

How about a long slide slide 21 along the lines of hte XD tactical 45, and a compact single stack 9mm. I understand some people want a changeable backstrap, my hands are big enough for a 21 and a 17/22 feels downright small so that really doesnt matter. If you want a safety on the frame buy a XD or a MP.

Comment

Originally posted by Indridcold View Post
            How about a long slide slide 21 along the lines of hte XD tactical 45, and a compact single stack 9mm. I understand some people want a changeable backstrap, my hands are big enough for a 21 and a 17/22 feels downright small so that really doesnt matter. If you want a safety on the frame buy a XD or a MP.
            When I read your post, I thought to myself, "is this an old thread that I had already posted to?"

You stole my thunder. Glock needs two models out there right now:

1) Tactical/Practical in .45 (skip a few numbers and just call it the G45!) Use the G21 SF as the base for this pistol.

2) Single stacked, pocket pistol ala the Kahr PM9 (can't do this until they produce domestically)

Otherwise, I'm happy. I like the finger-grooves everyone complains about. I like the absence of external safeties (I would even advocate for the removal of that stupid "trigger safety".) I like the grip angle. If they choose to make interchangeable back-straps, fine, but allow me to keep it the way it is now.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Glock produces the G28, in .380, but it is not sold in the US to private purchasers. Something about not enough BATF points... I would think a single stack 9mm would fall under the same criteria.

Comment

I was told they are doing the interchangeable backstrap. Dunno about any other changes.

Comment

Don't change anything. There is no need for an external safety. Anyone who is smart enough to remember to breathe has no need for an external safety; a Glock is not a 1911, and even for a 1911, an argument could be made against an external safety. If you keep your claws off the trigger, the gun won't go boom. It's that simple, and I find it hard to figure out why, that in the 21st century, there are still officers who would ever put their fingers on the trigger before making the decision to fire.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I'd like them to design the slide lock to actually be used as a slide release. I do that anyway, but it'd be nice if the mechanism I release with my thumb was a bit more ergonomic short of putting an extended release on it. Otherwise, I say don't mess with success. Keep it simple stupid.

Comment

Would prefer a 1911 or SIG like grip angle.

But, more important...

Please smooth up the trigger. If I can shoot a more heavier and longer trigger of a SIG DAK better than a 5.5 lb Glock trigger because of its grittyness Glock has a problem.

I agree with no manual firing inhibit devices. If I want to flip a lever in order to shoot, I might as well go SAO. The whole point of me going DA was that I won't have to deal with flipping levers.

I don't like the "trigger safety" on a Glock, and I definitely don't like the "grip safety" on a XD.
                      Last edited by GrayBlue; 09-03-2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

The only thing I would like to change about my Glock is the grip. I wish it to be wider (yes, wider) so it can fit my hand better. So far, that is my only complaint of the pistol.

Also I don't know if this is a smart idea or a good one, but I would like an easier to pull trigger. Something that would require less pressure.
                        This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

Erik- get the 3.5# disconnector, and that will fix your issue.
                          J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                            I'd like them to design the slide lock to actually be used as a slide release. I do that anyway, but it'd be nice if the mechanism I release with my thumb was a bit more ergonomic short of putting an extended release on it. Otherwise, I say don't mess with success. Keep it simple stupid.
                            I'm the opposite. I actually had my smith cut a bit off the slide lock so that my big mitts wouldn't accidentally engage the slide lock, keeping it from locking back on an empty mag.

This modified slide lock still works JUST like the original, but doesn't have as much SURFACE area.

The proper technique for releasing the slide on a fresh magazine is to pull back on the slide with the support hand, and letting go. This method works very nicely, regardless of what handgun you happen to have in your hand at the time.
                            Last edited by jwise; 09-03-2009, 07:41 PM.
                            J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

How do I get this dis-connector? Is this something I can put on or would an armorer have to put it on for me?

Too add to the slide release discussion, I never use the slide release 1) Because I was basically told not too and 2) I like to rack the slide back to help train me how to clear malfunctions.
                              This show is awesome, wrapped in supercool and smothered in bitchin. The only way it could be cooler is if he was riding a unicorn or something.

M-11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5922 users online. 356 members and 5566 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X