• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free SLR15 Rifles to Law Enforcement Agencies

FREE SLR15 Rifles to Law Enforcement
    Website Info HERE

SLR15 Rifles & Training Grant Program

We at SLR15 Rifles, Inc. are happy to provide free rifles and training to needy agencies. We want to help agencies that need rifles but can’t afford them.

[span style='text-decoration: underline;']How It Works:[/span]

We regularly have demo rifles that we cannot sell as new. These rifles have had very little use and need a good home.

When these rifles find their new home, we want to make sure that the agency is properly trained.

To obtain rifles through the SLR15 Rifles & Training Grant Program, agencies are requested to host a Rifle Armorer and/or Instructor course at no cost to the agency (this brings the training to your location).

Applying for a grant is easy – simply complete the SLR15 Rifles & Training Grant Application and forward to our office.
    Grant Info Here

Our staff meets monthly to review the grant applications. We will notify the agency of the award and work towards scheduling the training.

[span style='text-decoration: underline;']Hosting a Course:[/span]

Agencies need to provide a classroom for Armoring Courses or a range for Instructor courses. We ask that agencies help promote the course. We will handle registration and POST paperwork, if applicable. We provide all tools, targets, etc.

[span style='text-decoration: underline;']Criteria for selection include:[/span]

• Agency currently needs rifles but can’t afford them

• Agency is willing to host a Rifle Armorer and/or Instructor course

Questions? Email us at [email protected]

The SPEER Gold Dot Rifle Ammunition Add from the October issue of Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement Magazine features our Grail Rifle.

SLR15 Rifles, Defensive Edge, and Sully have been featured in Guns & Ammo Magazine Tactical Guns & Gear Annual, LightFighter Rifle Article, SWAT Magazine cover story, Shooting Times, Book of the AR15, Gun Digest, and Precision Rifle Magazine.

SWAT Magazine Grail Rifle Cover Story , and the SWAT Magazine Operator Rifle Cover Story

CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"
    SLR15 Rifles
    TheDefensiveEdge.com
    (763) 712-0123
    Last edited by SLR15; 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM.

My agency has no tactical unit, nor do we have any patrol rifle program. We currently only have one officer who is certified and carries a patrol rifle (personally owned.)

I believe my agency admin would be interested in this.

Comment

As I mentioned in the original post, we have been giving rifles away through the NTOA SPA Grants program, of which for agencies to apply for these grants they would have to have a NTOA Team Membership. We have helped out some needy agencies, some who didn't have a rifle program, to another team who lost all of their equipment in a fire and their agency didn't have funds to replace any team equipment.

When I am teaching rifle armorer and instructor courses all over the country I get to talk with a lot of Officers. I have found that a lot of agencies do not have a NTOA Team Membership so they would not be eligible to apply for the grants, many agencies do not have a tactical team, and most often Officers are not aware of the grants.

My goal for a very long time is to see that my fellow Brother and Sister Officers have rifles and training. So what I am trying to gage is to see if there are agencies that are interested in grants for rifles and training. We have a company board meeting coming up and I would like to work on this and figure out how to make it happen.

Please speak up if your agency or an agency you know is interested. You can post here or send my an email.

[email protected]

CY6
      Greg Sullivan "Sully"
      SLR15 Rifles
      TheDefensiveEdge.com

Comment

Too bad individual NTOA-member officers can't get 'em.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

We have more rifles and training ready to go to needy agencies via our FREE grants. Free means no cost to the agency.

CY6
          Greg Sullivan "Sully"
          SLR15 Rifles
          TheDefensiveEdge.com
          (763) 712-0123
          Last edited by SLR15; 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Our Team belongs to the NTOA and we do have a patrol rifle program as well as rifles from the 1033 program, but I just wanted to say that's an awesome deal.

Hopefully I can get to one of your classes next year.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

We have already awarded 2 grants on the new program to some grateful agencies.

If your agency or an agency you know needs rifles & training, then please get an application in, as we are planning on trying to do this monthly.

CY6
              Greg Sullivan "Sully"
              SLR15 Rifles
              TheDefensiveEdge.com

Comment

We have more rifles grants available. We will be awarding these in a few weeks at our next board meeting. If your agency or you know of an agency that needs rifles, then have them take the 2-minutes to fill out the grant application.

CY6
                Greg Sullivan "Sully"
                SLR15 Rifles
                TheDefensiveEdge.com

Comment

"Website info here"= cannot be displayed
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Grant Application Here. It takes about one minute to fill out.

CY6
                    Greg Sullivan "Sully"
                    SLR15 Rifles
                    TheDefensiveEdge.com
                    Last edited by SLR15; 11-08-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

We just made another Police Dept very happy with a couple of Free Rifles and Armorers in their department.

If your agency or an agency near you needs rifles or training, please take a minute a fill out the application. We have more rifles and training ready to go at no cost to agencies that need them, and are awarding at least two grants a month.

CY6
                      Greg Sullivan "Sully"
                      SLR15 Rifles
                      TheDefensiveEdge.com
                      (763) 712-0123

Comment

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that we just had sully out this week for a 2 day rifle and 1 day shotgun armorers course. I was absolutely blown away with the depth of this course and by the end of the rifle class (I didn't do the shotgun day) I was exponentially more comfortable with my rifle and now have a nice armorers certificate to add to my resume. As I said I didn't take the shotgun day, but those who did said it was just as awesome as the rifle day.

Sully is an absolute wealth of information, an experienced cop, and an expert in the rifle industry. One might assume that he spent the entire class pimping his own company, but to be honest the only time he brought it up was as a joke when discussing a c-clamp. As this post promises, we received our rifle (he actually built it in front of us during the second day) and the workmanship is amazing. This thing is one of the lightest and most balanced rifles i've held, as a matter of fact the chief was so impressed he's going to try and get council to buy another for the department, plans o buying one for himself, and I've heard two other officers seriously considering them as well.

In short, if you're considering whether or not to host or attend a class by sully, I would definitely recommend it. Sully, it never hurts to remind you that officers across this country are safer thanks to this program, and please accept our gratitude for that!!
                        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                          Hey guys, I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that we just had sully out this week for a 2 day rifle and 1 day shotgun armorers course. I was absolutely blown away with the depth of this course and by the end of the rifle class (I didn't do the shotgun day) I was exponentially more comfortable with my rifle and now have a nice armorers certificate to add to my resume. As I said I didn't take the shotgun day, but those who did said it was just as awesome as the rifle day.

Sully is an absolute wealth of information, an experienced cop, and an expert in the rifle industry. One might assume that he spent the entire class pimping his own company, but to be honest the only time he brought it up was as a joke when discussing a c-clamp. As this post promises, we received our rifle (he actually built it in front of us during the second day) and the workmanship is amazing. This thing is one of the lightest and most balanced rifles i've held, as a matter of fact the chief was so impressed he's going to try and get council to buy another for the department, plans o buying one for himself, and I've heard two other officers seriously considering them as well.

In short, if you're considering whether or not to host or attend a class by sully, I would definitely recommend it. Sully, it never hurts to remind you that officers across this country are safer thanks to this program, and please accept our gratitude for that!!
                          Awesome review Mike!
                          Originally posted by Ceridwen
                          Just one would be stingy of me, I'd have to get two. For the children.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog F4i View Post
                            Our Team belongs to the NTOA and we do have a patrol rifle program as well as rifles from the 1033 program, but I just wanted to say that's an awesome deal.

Hopefully I can get to one of your classes next year.
                            Blackdog,

Sully does an excellent job with his Armorers Course. I took it last December and I highly recommend it.
                            sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Thanks for the review!

I just sent out this info to my fellow LE firearms instructors in various agencies and I hope they take advantage of this program.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 188 members and 2938 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X