Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig P238

http://www.sigsauer.com/products/Sho...?categoryid=67

Looks like Sig is getting into the .380 pocket gun market that's so popular today. Anybody seen, handled, or (better yet) actually own one? From the specs, looks to be slightly larger than the LCP and...interestingly enough...single-action only, which I find to be a interesting choice for a pocket pistol. Sig also lists the width as 1.1in, while my LCP looks to be a little more than 3/4in in width...which would be a question for me, considering that width is one of the major concealability factors for a pocket gun like this.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.guncollectorsclub.com/colt_mustang.htm

Comment

I really want to like this, but 'cocked and locked' in a pocket has got to be a frightening experience. Would fit on an ankle or in an appropriately-sized supertuck, I imagine.
      **Not a LEO**

Comment

Why not buy a PPK or a Sigarms P232 instead?

Comment

I've got one, and love it. I've got a write-up at UtahConcealedCarry.com, which has turned into a pretty good discussion about it.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/vi...php?f=8&t=5744

Super happy with it; aside from sending it in for a recall. Sig was really good about getting it turned around and back to me very quick.

It's my primary back-up in a Gaclo Ankle Lite. I don't carry it pocket style, as IWB always works for me. Enjoy the reading.

Comment

Originally posted by opskmallory View Post
            I've got one, and love it. I've got a write-up at UtahConcealedCarry.com, which has turned into a pretty good discussion about it.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/vi...php?f=8&t=5744

Super happy with it; aside from sending it in for a recall. Sig was really good about getting it turned around and back to me very quick.

It's my primary back-up in a Gaclo Ankle Lite. I don't carry it pocket style, as IWB always works for me. Enjoy the reading.
            Glad you are happy with yours. I bought one on a whim a couple days ago. I went in to the store for ammo. Asked if they had any LCPs in the back (I've been meaning to pick one up for a while) which they did. Though I somehow left with the 238 instead of the LCP. It wasn't a pressure thing. After the guy brought out the LCP he wisely asked if I have ever looked at a P238.

Unfortunately, I'm in CA and since it was a spur of the moment thing I didn't have a letter. Picking it up on the 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by SigSauerfirst View Post
              Why not buy a PPK or a Sigarms P232 instead?
              These are much smaller and easier to carry. They are truly "pocket pistols."
              People grow through experience, if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

Comment

I have carried a Colt Mustang, which Sig copied, off and on in a pocket holster for years. I've never had the safety disengage while carrying in this manner. It's a different story without a pocket holster.

I purchased the Sig 238 a while back. It's trigger pull is not really that light for a single action but I know some people just don't like the idea. It also has pretty good sights for a pistol this size. The only problem I have had is if use my typical semi-auto hold with both thumbs parallel to the slide. I accidentally hit the mag release button a couple of times. A slight grip adjustment cured that problem.

Comment

My agency just ordered a small truck load to issue as a BUG. I hope it was a wise decision.
                  ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Thought you might like a comparison pic of:
                    SIG P238
                    Ruger LCP
                    Seecamp LWS380
                    Micro Desert Eagle

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                      SIG P238
                      Ruger LCP
                      Seecamp LWS380
                      Micro Desert Eagle

Are those grips on your P238 from Jeff at SigPower.com? I'm looking to pickup a set of the two-tones in the near future. They (and yours) look very slick.

https://www.collectors-society-slabs...ips-%2AORDER-/

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                        SIG P238
                        Ruger LCP
                        Seecamp LWS380
                        Micro Desert Eagle

Thanks, pulicords. That's actually a useful comparison. From the dimensions, I expected the Sig to be noticably larger than the LCP...that doesn't appear to be the case.
                        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The more I see it, the more I'm digging that Micro Eagle. That shape would disappear into your pocket.
                          **Not a LEO**

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2694 users online. 139 members and 2555 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X