300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushy A3M4 Trigger Q.

My Bushy is a stock A3M4. At the range a few days ago I noticed my trigger pull wasn't as smooth. It felt like it was "grinding", for lack of a better word.
    I flushed it out with lot's of oil, cleaned it, but still the same "feel."

It's jst not really smooth like I'm used too.

I have not taken it out and dissembled it, just dumped a bunch of oil thru it and wiped it down. I see no particles or foriegn matter. All the parts seem to be in proper allignment.
    Maybe just carbon? But all the way down in the trigger housing? And it "looks" really clean. I'm extremelly nit-picky about all my guns so I'm fairly sure it's not build-up.

The only thing I can think of is too remove it, clean every part and put it back together...except I don't know how to do that.(don't laugh)

And btw, I don't like my "trusted" gunsmith, he turned out to be....not so good ( being polite)

Thoughts?
    I shoot, therefore I am.

How many times have you shot the gun before you started haveing this happen?

Comment

My Bushy M4A3's trigger is pretty gritty too. Mine has over 1k rounds though it. The best result that you are going to see is with an aftermarket replacement trigger. There are complete drop-in kits that you could do yourself if you don't want to bring it to a gun smith.

Comment

Can you reccomend a good drop-in trigger? And from whom?
        Since my gunsmith doesn't have a delicate touch ( He brutalized my AK), I'd rather get a new trigger assmbly put it.

I shoot every week, this just started last Saturday..I never noticed it before.
        I've lost count after several thousand rounds.

"Gritty" is a good word for what I'm experiencing.
        I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

There are many trigger options available, if not familiar with disassembly then a total drop in no adjustment system like this might be the goal.

http://www.timneytriggers.com/sunsho...uct_detail&p=7

Comment

You could send your trigger to Bill Springfield to have cleaned up.

Or you could go all out and get a Geiselle 2-stage.

Comment

Originally posted by plinker View Post
              Can you reccomend a good drop-in trigger? And from whom?
              Since my gunsmith doesn't have a delicate touch ( He brutalized my AK), I'd rather get a new trigger assmbly put it.

I shoot every week, this just started last Saturday..I never noticed it before.
              I've lost count after several thousand rounds.

"Gritty" is a good word for what I'm experiencing.
              Try Brownells or Midway USA for starters. Or simply Google "AR triggers," I'm sure you will find something that fits your needs.

Comment

Plinker,
                is this a stock from the factory trigger in your rifle, or has someone had it out before? From what you describe is that the trigger used to be smooth, and all of a sudden got rough? Chances are it either needs a good disassembly cleaning to get debris out from all the small bearing surfaces. If you have put a lot of rounds through it, then it is possible that the bearing surfaces could be worn and you are now into soft metal. My guess would be debris, so it most likely could use a good disassembly, cleaning, and inspection. I see that you are in the midwest, if we can be of assistance with cleaning, or possibly an armorers course then let us know.

CY6
                Greg Sullivan "Sully"
                SLR15 Rifles
                TheDefensiveEdge.com

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  I'm sending it off to Bill Springfield as suggested.
                  I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6226 users online. 335 members and 5891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X