300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE of SKSParts.com

As some of you know, my brother passed away in late June and a day or two after he died, a package from SKSParts.com arrived. My dad opened it, and called the company and explained he had died and could he send the package back for a refund. I believe the total amount was approx $130.

Anyhow, the guy on the phone told my dad to go ahead and send it back, and that they typically have a 15% restocking fee, but that they would see if they could waive the restocking fee given the situation of my brother's death.

My dad sent it back and waited. He checked the credit card statement when the next statement arrived, and there was no credit from SKSParts.com. My dad and I both attempted to contact the company at the number provided on the packing slip. Eventually, the person at SKSParts.com became wise of my dad's phone number and stopped answering or returning his phone calls. So I attempted to call also, and the guy answered and I explained that all we wanted was the promised refund and that substantial time had passed and the refund should have already been issued. He hemmed and hawed and said that it would be issued shortly. Needless to say it never was, and once again, the guy isnt answering calls from my dad's area code or mine.

My folks had to file a protest with my brother's credit card company to attempt to get this money back because now at this point they have no parts to resell, and were still charged the whole amount. They would have even been satisfied if they'd received the refund amount minus 15%, but the guy didn't even do that.

Long story short, this guy is a weasel and other four letter words and I would NOT suggest that anyone in their right mind do business with him. Trying to give everyone a heads up. **BEWARE SKSParts.com**
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
    As some of you know, my brother passed away in late June and a day or two after he died, a package from SKSParts.com arrived. My dad opened it, and called the company and explained he had died and could he send the package back for a refund. I believe the total amount was approx $130.

Anyhow, the guy on the phone told my dad to go ahead and send it back, and that they typically have a 15% restocking fee, but that they would see if they could waive the restocking fee given the situation of my brother's death.

My dad sent it back and waited. He checked the credit card statement when the next statement arrived, and there was no credit from SKSParts.com. My dad and I both attempted to contact the company at the number provided on the packing slip. Eventually, the person at SKSParts.com became wise of my dad's phone number and stopped answering or returning his phone calls. So I attempted to call also, and the guy answered and I explained that all we wanted was the promised refund and that substantial time had passed and the refund should have already been issued. He hemmed and hawed and said that it would be issued shortly. Needless to say it never was, and once again, the guy isnt answering calls from my dad's area code or mine.

My folks had to file a protest with my brother's credit card company to attempt to get this money back because now at this point they have no parts to resell, and were still charged the whole amount. They would have even been satisfied if they'd received the refund amount minus 15%, but the guy didn't even do that.

Long story short, this guy is a weasel and other four letter words and I would NOT suggest that anyone in their right mind do business with him. Trying to give everyone a heads up. **BEWARE SKSParts.com**

The info provided at WHOIS.net and Network Solutions states that domain is "private".........

Rule number 1 for buying on-line.
    No phone number on website= no purchase.

Whats their phone #..I call and tell them i heard about their practices and will not be buiying from them. Eventually, they won't answer the phone from any area code if we all call them.

Greater force in numbers.
    I shoot, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by plinker View Post
      The info provided at WHOIS.net and Network Solutions states that domain is "private".........

Rule number 1 for buying on-line.
      No phone number on website= no purchase.

Whats their phone #..I call and tell them i heard about their practices and will not be buiying from them. Eventually, they won't answer the phone from any area code if we all call them.

Greater force in numbers.
      I second that. Post that number.

Comment

THis is the # they posted to call for quotes. 708-799-6161
        sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Also let them know you've spammed their phone number and great business tactics out on the web on every firearm forum you can find. Let em know you'll stop once they refund you the full amt.

Comment

Kitty, keep us updated, if anything new comes up.
            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

BEWARE of SKSParts.com

This is a very bad way to do business. I contacted them by [email protected] & 708-799-6161
              and informed them that my business and Meany others I know would not buy from them and that I was putting out a warning about them on all the gun forms I could find.

Thomas Brandow
              Brandow FFL Services
              Last edited by brandow50; 08-26-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeplin View Post
                THis is the # they posted to call for quotes. 708-799-6161
                oh ****. that somewhere by me. Ill call. Then they wont get business from the Chicagoland are. Yeah take that SKS Biatch.

edit: Google is awesome. Google the phone number and I get an address. Maybe I will even stop by and tell him since he is on the way to the GF's house. BAAAAM Biatches. Its on.

Sorry just finished a P90x workout and im all hyped up.
                Last edited by ChgoPaintball; 08-26-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

There's an address on the website, too, stud.

Google shows the name as "Wayne" but the site lists "David" samelastname at a different address than the phone number. Think someone is getting Daddy's help?
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5057 users online. 304 members and 4753 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X