300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMP-TAC or CROSSBREED?

I'm looking to pick up a new IWB holster for my Walther PPS.

I think I'd be happiest with the COMP-TAC 'Spartan' but I don't know anybody that uses one. It seems the CROSSBREED 'supertuck' is comparable, but perhaps a bit thicker. I'm not into that at all.

Can anybody help? I don't really care about comfort as much as concealability. Especially considering the way I dress. Which package is thinnest overall? Which conceals best? Are there any other holsters I need to be looking at?

Thanks a lot.
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

The Comp Tac C-TAC is Kydex (.90" thick) and probably thinner than the Spartan. The leather backing on the Comp Tac Spartan/MTAC and CrossBreed is for comfort against your body. Personally I would opt against the Spartan due to the metal rivets being exposed on the backside and pressed up against your body creating rust issues. If you don't mind Kydex on your hip, go C-TAC.

Comment

I rarely post because I tend to read and learn, but I do have a comment here.

About 6 years ago I bought a Comp-tac IWB C-tac holster, and I have not purchased another off-duty holster since.

Comment

I had the infidel comptac... i didn't like it... maybe it was the clip, but the pistol would just pull the whole holster, and it was very unfcomftrable, and EVERY time I had that thing on, people realized i was carrying (even though it was a fricking USP full size .45 lol)

Comment

I just purchased a C-Tac Spartan.... I didn't like all the stuff I read on the ST, not to mention I like how you can switch out the bodies on the Spartan to fit diff pistols

Comment

I just got the Minotaur MTAC for my Kimber Pro Raptor II. Awesome holster, very comfortable.

Comment

I can't wait to get mine.... how long did it take u? says 5 calendar days, but I bet they'll ship it within couple days *hopefully*

Mexican carry is starting to annoy me lol

Comment

I can't say enough good things about my MTAC. It is super comfortable and plenty adjustable. I have gotten a couple of my co-workers to buy their products because of it.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

I bought a crossbreed supertuck for a glock 27 and love it. most comfortablt thing i have ever owned

Comment

Post has been edited.
                    Last edited by MarioS; 02-18-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Thumbs up for Crossbreed.

I'm not a small guy by any means, but it makes a Full Size G22 disappear on me, and if I take enough time, I can tuck in a shirt (hence the name) with little to no print whatsoever in a full range of motion. Draws and reholsters smooth and consistently with no movement which is vital. Just purchased another for my Sig P229, along with one of his "Ojai" holsters to use as a chest rig in my outer carrier.

I guess I'm a convert. I went with the horsehide to manage sweat etc.
                      Mark at Crossbreed is dedicated to excellent customer service. He has taken the time on each purchase to make sure that he answers any stupid questions I can conjure up.

Comment

Both holsters are similar and will perform fine. I have a super tuck and a mini tuck and love them both.
                        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I have been going over this exact same dilemma myself and have been leaning towards the crossbreed. The general consensus seems to be that it is the more comfortable of the two. The way I look at is that if a I am comfortable and constantly wanting to adjust it isn't going to be as concealable.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
                            Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I'd like to know the answer to the above question too.

Also, how do you conceal properly with a shirt tucked in? Don't the clips show on your belt??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4217 users online. 237 members and 3980 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X