300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aint' Too Proud To Beg

The Sarge has recently acquired a brand new Springfield Armory XD-9 Sub-Compact 9mm. This puppy has a 3" barrel and comes with all the XD Gear goodies including 1-13 round mag at 2-16 rounders.

You may say, "SARGE!!! Everyone loves a new toy!" - and indeed that is true. However, one dilemma still exists. Sarge can't locate any friggin' ammo! Oh...there are sporadic boxes of 9mm here and there, but not what Connoisseur Sarge is attempting to locate.

Here and now Sarge is asking for the brothers and sister of O.com to lend him a hand. Clearly, there are a veritable cornucopia of websites which sell ammo, but the Sarge can't always check them all. Hell, from time to time he may just damn well be overwhelmed or frustrated with his search. This is where y'all come in.

If you happen to be perusing the fabulous interwebz (thanks Mr. Gore!) and see 9mm in stock somewhere, the Sarge would appreciate you dropping him a line. Post in this thread or send him a PM. As of yet, no rounds have been fired through this baby, well, save for the single shot at the factory that's packaged so pretty in the tiny manila envelope!

Now, there are a few different things that would satiate the Sarge's lust for ammo. As practice/ball ammo can most likely be located in the greater Phoenix metroplex, that isn't currently a high priority. What IS on top of the list if locating "Da good stuff". I'm sure you're getting excited and wanting to know specifically what the Sarge considers his "Holy Grail". GLAD YOU ASKED!!!

P9HST3 is the load # for Federal Tactical HST 124 grain 9mm +P. **AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh~*** (Did you hear the angels sing?)

2 others I will settle for are:

P9HST1 - this is the NON +P version of the above. Yes, also 124 grains.

And lastly, while not "Holy Grail" material, the Speer Gold Dot Short Barrel round in 124 grain 9mm +P has the load number of 23611. That is just damn difficult to find, too.

So gird yourselves, go forth and reveal to me the secret hiding place of this treasure. Mete out whatever justice you see fit in your quest to find these trinkets. And flat out - Would ya HOOK A BRUTHA UP?!?!?!

For those that will try to pawn off 147 or 115 grain rounds as 124 - the Sarge is watching....

Seriously, any help anyone can give in locating this stuff would be GREATLY appreciated.

Price point: The Sarge does not want to pay a King's ransom for these, either. There are some being thrown up on Gunbroker for $45 per box. $30-$35 is acceptable for the 50 round box of HST. The Connoisseur will evaluate Gold Dot Short Barrel prices as they come, but the same price range generally applies since there are only 20 per box.
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 07-01-2009, 08:55 PM. Reason: Added pricing info.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

I'm don't know to much about ammo. I saw some federal 9mm at Walmart, but I highly doubt that's what you were looking for. I'll keep an eye out when I go to the local gun stores.

http://www.gtdist.com/SearchResults....Category=GUNAM
    Last edited by TEX_DEPUTY; 07-01-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I doubt Wal-Mart carries this stuff. Local gun stores or online sites are where I've been scoping them out.

Thank you for looking. You are hereby dubbed, "Minion #1".
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Sgt.,

Check this site out. There appears to be some GOLD DOT 9MM+P 124GR HP 20/BOX in stock. IDK if that's what your lookin for but maybe

http://www.natchezss.com/ammo.cfm?co...e&ammoSize=349
        Last edited by Spoken; 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Good job, Minion #2! Unfortunately, you're so close, yet so far!

"Gold Dot Short Barrel" is specifically what I'm looking for as they have redesigned the bullet to operate at reduced velocities found in the sub-compact guns. I will get some of that if I can't find any others within 2 weeks' time, though.

Keep plugging away and thanks for the assist!
          NRA Life Member

Comment

Well your SOL, I HATE you and your ammo standards

I kid, I kid.

Comment

PMs sent..........
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                PMs sent..........
                Minion #3 - Thank you for playing! ALMOST.......

1st PM with Speer is backordered.

2nd one is actually Hydra-Shok not HST. And yes, there IS a difference.

See why this is difficult for me to track down???

I really do appreciate everyone that looks, though. I've signed up at several different websites just so I can receive emails when this ammo comes through. Unfortunately, there's just no telling when that will be as Federal obviously can't keep up with demand.

Especially for this ammo, departmental order (which are several cases each) are the priority. Federal actually does not sell to consumers only LE. It's just the distributors that will sell it to whoever pays....
                NRA Life Member

Comment

There is one site... let me find it again...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Try here, I think they're LE only...

http://secondarmored.com/police/prod...d=18&pid=21511

Comment

They are. I'm still waiting on a reply from them as you have to wait for them to quote a price. It's possible they may only sell in case quantities like most LE-only joints. I'll let you know when I hear something. Probably won't be until Sunday or Monday.
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

I always buy from ammoman.com

the prices you see is the price it takes to get it to your door.

wolf $239 / 1000

147gr hydra shock $350/500 $650/1000

115gr hp - Federal 9BP $299/500 $499 /1000

speer gold dot 115gr +p+ $400/500

speer gold dot 124 gr +p $400/ 500 $650/1000

their e-mail option works. they e-mailed me as soon as their 380s came in. sold out in a few hours. I got mine. yay e
                        "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

Mine have been from ammunitiontogo. I've got email notification from both places. Neither one has the ammo I'm looking for, though. Luckily it's not critical that I have the ammo right this second.
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

http://www.ammobank.com/cgi-bin/csho...=9%20mm%20%2BP

THey have the gold dots in stock

I win

I win

I win

Comment

Dare I say. Ammo is ammo

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
                              - Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8550 users online. 409 members and 8141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X