300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 135dB View Post
    thats funny! nobody heard of fact checking I guess...
    Facts??? What are those???
    sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Just goes to show exactly how much the liberal media actually knows and how bad they want to portray guns in a bad light. You almost never hear of how guns save lives. An old man in suburban Chicago blasted a dude breakin into his house for the SECOND time in a week. All the media wanted to do was blast the guy for having a handgun in a town that bans them. Judge did something smart and ruled in his favor but took dang near two years.
      One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Also, make sure you're not turning in Grandpa's war souvenir that may be worth THOUSANDS more than the $100 gift card or sneakers you just traded in for. Seen it happen and I just wanted to cry.
        One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

Is that Saddam Hussein standing behind the Lieutenant?
          **Not a LEO**

Comment

So one question I had is do they run ballistic tests on the guns that are turned in that actually work? Just to make sure they aren't gonna melt down evidence to a shooting?
            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
            -Daniel Silva

Comment

Originally posted by cclawdog View Post
              Also, make sure you're not turning in Grandpa's war souvenir that may be worth THOUSANDS more than the $100 gift card or sneakers you just traded in for. Seen it happen and I just wanted to cry.
              If Grandpa had an unregistered NFA weapon, it may be worth a lot of trouble...

Comment

Sorry to disapoint, but I don't even think it is a street sweeper! It appears, from the picture to be one of the manually operated (using the forward handgrip), pump action, drum fed shotguns made briefly years ago. I have fired street sweepers, and they look different. It could be I am deceived by the angle of the photo, but the back of the reciever and the barrel do not look like a street sweeper to me!

And no, if you turn in a gun (how can they ""buy Back"" something they never sold?), it's "no questions asked!" - like your name, address, etc. Valuable stolen property gets melted along with the junk.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                  So one question I had is do they run ballistic tests on the guns that are turned in that actually work? Just to make sure they aren't gonna melt down evidence to a shooting?
                  Those running this program go through great efforts to assure the public that these guns will not checked for ballistics evidence (linking them to crimes) and persons turning them in will not be identified. Supposedly, their serial numbers will be checked (before destruction), so if they were reported stolen, they can be returned to the owners.

Ultimately, the City and County of Los Angeles politicians (read: chief of police and sheriff) feel it's better to openly offer to destroy evidence of serious crimes (like murder and attempted murder) and to help conceal the ID of the perpetrators, than to rely on real police work to make their communities safer. Seeing nonsense like this, makes me embarrassed to be associated with the profession.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5106 users online. 299 members and 4807 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X