Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thompson SMG off the streets

http://www.insidesocal.com/crime/200...gun-among.html

Not sure what that was, but it most certainly is NOT a Thompson.
    Possibly a "Street Sweeper" shotgun.

Comment

It's not a Thompson (fully automatic .45 ACP caliber submachinegun), it's an "SWD Streetsweeper" (a semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun). While this particular weapon is prohibited in CA unless it was owned prior to the first "Assault Weapon" legislation and unregistered, in most states it's completely legal to possess. Just shows how uninformed our own police managers are regarding firearms and the laws that regulate them. These drum fed shotguns don't do anything differently than a seven or eight shot Benelli or Remington 1100 semi-automatic shotgun can do (other than holding four or five additional rounds in their magazine) and are slower to reload.

These "photo-ops" and bad info just make us look like idiots. Real Thompson submachine guns are extremely valuable collectors' items. Here's one for sale at Guns America's site for $22,000.00. http://www.gunsamerica.com/916651732...C_Thompson.htm

There's a "Streetsweeper" for sale on the same website for $1,300.00. http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.as...reet%20sweeper
      Last edited by pulicords; 06-15-2009, 02:09 AM.
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Auto-ordinance makes new semi-auto Thompson-style guns: http://www.auto-ordnance.com/

Comment

ROFL!!! This thread is win.

Comment

thats funny! nobody heard of fact checking I guess...
            -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
            -Daniel Silva

Comment

Ah! If it looks kinda like it could be a Thompson, feels kinda like it could be a Thompson, it must be a Thompson!

Comment

Come on now....ANYTHING with a drum magazine is a Thompson SMG....I thought all you fancy-schmancy gun aficionados knew that already!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Smurfette
                Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                Originally posted by DAL
                You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

My bad. Thanks for the correction Dave.

Comment

Everything else was probably something in the nature of a .25 auto, so they chose the most formidable weapon they could find. Don't you just love boneheads in those wonderfully photogenic poses?

jim

Comment

Misinformation-spreading ***holes...

FJDave hit right on the head...

"Jesus! It's got one of those drum-clip things!"
                      Last edited by Till; 06-15-2009, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Makes one wonder how many guns they personally seized while working the street? There's a whole different career path managers take to get in the ivory tower, and it usually doesn't include much time investigating crime, arresting violent criminals, and learning about guns. Learning about and manipulating the press, public opinion, and presenting an image for self-aggrandizement, involve "skills" very different from those developed by "the troops" dealing with crimes and people who commit them. A necessary "evil" I suppose, but I find them embarrassing when they deviate so far from the truth.
                        "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Not only do they misidentify it, but they even put a link from wikipedia with information- and pictures- of the actual Thompson SMG...you would think the writer who put the article together and hyperlinked the other site, would have at least visited it...!
                          FHP:

1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
                          2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
                          3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
                          4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
                          5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
                          6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
                          7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
                          8) ACADEMY: PENDING

Comment

Originally posted by 135dB View Post
                            thats funny! nobody heard of fact checking I guess...
                            And the liberal media will run with it and most Americans don't know te difference.

Comment

LAPD's finest right there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1515 users online. 107 members and 1408 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X