Despite Recent Violence, Gun Laws Are Softening

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite Recent Violence, Gun Laws Are Softening

Thirteen killed at an immigration center in New York. Eight at a nursing home in North Carolina. Five in a house in California. These were among the 57 people killed in mass shootings in a 30-day period this spring in the U.S. Meanwhile, new laws are easing restrictions on guns.

Congress recently approved a bill to allow guns in national parks. Tennessee has passed similar measures for its state parks. In South Carolina, a bill under debate would allow weapons on school grounds. Texas may welcome guns into bars. In Montana, a new law requires landlords and hotel owners to allow firearms on their premises.

The bills' supporters say these measures may actually help head off greater violence. "Crime can happen anywhere," says Andrew Arulanandam of the National Rifle Association. "The only thing that can stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun. Law enforcement can't be everywhere, so law-abiding people should have as many options as possible if and when they are attacked."
    More:
    http://www.parade.com/news/intellige...softening.html

Remember to vote:

Yes 93%

No 7%

FINALLY, a little bit of common sense...I doubt I'll see it here in CT though.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Comment

Definately not here in the republic.
      If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
        *points and laughs*

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
          *points and weeps*

I wonder what would happen if all pro-gun CA residents (even if you're in the minority) up and left, taking their tax and business dollars with them. I know it's one of the major reasons I got out of Jersey.
          -Mike
          The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

I doubt that I'll see any change here in AZ due to my age but for the time being I'm happy to be able to shoot at the range every Saturday.

Comment

Well, if the anti gun crowd had their way this country would abolish the 2nd amendment. All you would see is absolute violence and possibly an invasion from extremist Muslims. Relaxing guns laws to allow lawful gun owners access to any weapon they see fit will discourage the criminal. An even smarter thing would to make any crime with a firearm involved have an extremely severe sentence for example, double the sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                An even smarter thing would to make any crime with a firearm involved have an extremely severe sentence for example, double the sentence.
                This I absolutely agree with.
                You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
                  Well, if the anti gun crowd had their way this country would abolish the 2nd amendment. All you would see is absolute violence and possibly an invasion from extremist Muslims. Relaxing guns laws to allow lawful gun owners access to any weapon they see fit will discourage the criminal. An even smarter thing would to make any crime with a firearm involved have an extremely severe sentence for example, double the sentence.
                  There is already some law on the books about such things, the problem is it gets plea bargained away, in some cases isn't there already a 5 year add on for using a gun in a felony ??

Bill
                  Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
                    There is already some law on the books about such things, the problem is it gets plea bargained away, in some cases isn't there already a 5 year add on for using a gun in a felony ??

Bill
                    That is what we need to change. It should be a mandatory 5 years (for example) for anyone caught in possession of a gun while committing a felony. Using a gun (firing, drawing down, etc.) in that felony should be let's say 10 years.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7539 users online. 305 members and 7234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                    X