300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying a AR15 or maby a M4

Hi guys im looking into purchasing a ar15 for personal use (mostly target) but i do want it to stand up to some abues that it might see throughout the years.

I only know a bit about the ones we use at work and from the looks of it there are just a couple different set ups and it has me just a little off kilt.

I do work in law enforcement so i can and probably will be purchasing a model from that selection.

Any info would be great...thanks
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81462

all the info you will need
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Bravo Company has BCM 16" M4 uppers in stock right now. No BCG, Charging handle or hand guards but you can get them later. They probably wont last very long. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M...-urg-m4-16.htm
      Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Comment

nope...sold out
        Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
        --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by 08duramax View Post
          That link is all you need. I know its long but its a great learning process. Def take advantage.
          -"He detested failure more than anything else, even betrayal. Betrayal required intelligence and ruthlessness, failure only stupidity or lack of concentration."
          -Daniel Silva

Comment

And this is why jwise's AR-15 thread should be a sticky in this section *hint hint mods*

Comment

Last edited by Buffaloboy; 10-17-2011, 06:18 PM.
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

The M4 has two functions

The M4 barrel serves two functions one is for those who mount the grenade launcher to their rifles, the other is for those who want a rifle that looks like they could mount a grenade launchers.

Comment

Colt LE-6920 -

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com...x.php?cPath=24

Got mine for $1120 shipped 2 years ago. For the price, you cant beat it. These guys are up in Pa. Took 3 days from order to delivery.

Comment

I picked up a SW M&P 15 at the gun show for $600 new in the box. You wont be disapointed. Especially for the price.

Only one negative for some folks (not for me), there is no ejection port cover or forward assist.

Keep it in the case and keep it clean, you wont have any problems.

As for the forward assist, I have never used one and the thought of forcing a round where it won't easily go kinda makes me wonder. If the round wont seat then eject it. IMHO
                    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
                      I picked up a SW M&P 15 at the gun show for $600 new in the box. You wont be disapointed. Especially for the price.

Only one negative for some folks (not for me), there is no ejection port cover or forward assist.

Keep it in the case and keep it clean, you wont have any problems.

As for the forward assist, I have never used one and the thought of forcing a round where it won't easily go kinda makes me wonder. If the round wont seat then eject it. IMHO
                      I've had to use the forward assist on my LE6920 a handful of times while it was clean so I would think that it's an important feature. $600 can't be beat though.

Comment

Originally posted by RSGSRT View Post
                        I've had to use the forward assist on my LE6920 a handful of times while it was clean so I would think that it's an important feature. $600 can't be beat though.
                        "The best engine in the world is the vagina. It can be started with one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes its own oil every four weeks. It is only a pity that the management system is so ****ing temperamental.."

this is awesome
                        Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                          Colt LE-6920 -

http://www.phoenixlawenforcement.com...x.php?cPath=24

Got mine for $1120 shipped 2 years ago. For the price, you cant beat it. These guys are up in Pa. Took 3 days from order to delivery.
                          That Colt of yours is sweet!!!!! ...you get a rack yet?
                          "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

No, mainly because I procrastinate. No real reason why. I don't know what my problem is.

Whats your deal? You moving down or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
                              No, mainly because I procrastinate. No real reason why. I don't know what my problem is.

Whats your deal? You moving down or what?
                              There's a very good possibility of that happening, sent in my stuff for assessment a few weeks back and just waiting to see if everything is good to go so I can get hooked up with a EOT Course to get the ball rolling.
                              "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6269 users online. 344 members and 5925 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X