300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My loadout

Just thought you guys might be interested. Here's what goes with me to the PD.

Let's see yours!

How do like the Blade-tech WRS compared to the Safariland 6280?
    Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

Love it! Much faster than a 6280 and a more positive release. With the 6280 I feel like I am fumbling due to my(stubby) thumb position on release, whereas
      the WRS I have a firm, proper grip as the hood snaps forward. I cannot outdraw the hood and after transistion training do not jam it by pulling up before hood release.

I do wish they would wrap it in a leather type coating and put on a belt shank like the traditional one that comes on the 070 and 6280.

Secure! No other officers could figure out how to release untill I showed them how, and thank the Good Lord It hasn't been tried on the street yet.

Comment

Your a reserve officer and they make you bring all of your own weapons?

Comment

We have to supply 100% of our gear except patches and uniforms, if any is available. They will let us carry personal Long Guns if you qualify, and can use a M-14 or M-16 if you qual on the rifle course.

870 is lovely on felony traffic stops! For some reason it tends to get their attention.
          Last edited by madic15al; 05-01-2009, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I would have to put on the wide angle lens to take a pic of all the crap I have to carry to work. The trunk of the Crown Vic is full. I really need to clean it out.

Not a fan of Blade-Tech. Seen too many of their holsters fall off/break.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

For my last 18 months on the job, the WRS worked fine for me too. (I wish I had a dime for every Safariland holster that I saw break!)

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

There was one model that Safariland made that could be easily torn from the belt, but they fixed that problem as far as I know. It was discovered in one of our "weapon retention" classes... Oops!

My only experience with Blade-Tech is with their IWB holsters, which I love. Retention is NOT the key element with those holsters, as much as concealability.

Like Blackdog, my "complete" loadout took several trips back and forth from the squad. Boy was I happy when I got a take-home squad that I could leave loaded! I took the guns out every day, but I could leave the rest of that crap in there...

Guns I carried on my person:

Rifle I carried in the rack:

Then I had to carry a Ruger Mini-14 in the trunk (policy required us to carry the issued patrol rifle at all times on duty, and made no exception for those who already carried their personally-owned rifles!)

Then I carried an issued Remington 870 as well.

This doesn't include another bag I kept in the trunk, containing "other" things that never saw the light of day during my time on patrol. They were kept handy for a "rainy day" that never came (thank God!)
                J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                  There was one model that Safariland made that could be easily torn from the belt
                  Which model was this?

Comment

It was a particular STYLE of the 6280. I can't remember exactly, but it had to do with how they attached the holster to the belt part. It was probably the 2005 model or somewhere around there. It's NOT all 6280s, but only a small subset that was made in that time-frame.
                    J. Wise

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jwise View Post
                      It was a particular STYLE of the 6280. I can't remember exactly, but it had to do with how they attached the holster to the belt part. It was probably the 2005 model or somewhere around there. It's NOT all 6280s, but only a small subset that was made in that time-frame.
                      Was it the 6280-9321? That's the one I got.

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't know. It was a long time ago, and it was briefly mentioned to me by my defensive tactics instructor.
                        J. Wise

sigpic

Comment

Was it the Safariland Levitation system?
                          War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I also have too much crap that I tote around. I can barely fit a an extra pair of shoes in the trunk of my car. It would be easier for me to show a pic of my trunk.
                            The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

Uhmmm, yeah. ..Sorry 'bout that!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4100 users online. 244 members and 3856 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X