300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions about Del-ton?

I'm going to pick up some lowers in the next couple days. I've started trying to track down everything else I need. Del-ton has "rifle kits" that include all of the necessary parts minus the lower. The price is looking good, and I don't mind the wait.

I've seen a couple of comments about Del-ton tossed around here and there, but I haven't found any real opinions or reviews about them.

Who has dealt with them in the past? Any comments one way or another about their customer service and/or the quality of their parts?

I put together one of mine and one of my brother in-law's rifles with Del-Ton kits about 2.5 years ago. They make a quality product, and my understanding is that their range of options has expanded since.

That being said, I've been waiting on some parts from them since November '08. At first, I figured this was due to the post-election mayhem, but it's been more than five months for crying out loud. I'd call or e-mail before ordering.

Comment

I got a kit to build an M4 clone for my wife (I married well), and went with Del Ton. Shipping was delayed due to demand, but the kit was complete, well made, went together easily, and shoots good. Non problems in the first 1k rounds. Recommended.
      "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
      John Stuart Mill

Comment

Keep in mind they are HEAVILY backlogged. The wait they estimate on their site is way too low. I placed an order for a kit on Dec 2 and am still waiting.
        -Mike
        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

I did neglect to mention that when I first called, they were not even taking phone messages, let alone orders. But we should expect that from everyone in the biz, until the panic dies down.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by MikeUD View Post
            Keep in mind they are HEAVILY backlogged. The wait they estimate on their site is way too low. I placed an order for a kit on Dec 2 and am still waiting.
            I called yesterday and spoke with a friendly yet obviously fr***led young lady in sales. She advised that they are currently outlooking 16 weeks on shipping the rifle kits.

Comment

Originally posted by hxd View Post
              I called yesterday and spoke with a friendly yet obviously fr***led young lady in sales. She advised that they are currently outlooking 16 weeks on shipping the rifle kits.
              It's been over 20 weeks for parts & kits I ordered. They have not responded to email.
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Del Ton called today. My uppers will be shipped this week. Plus they allowed me to make some changes.
                sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I got a reply from them yesterday:
                  Your order is currently backordered. We can ship you everything right now except the LPK. We were told in March that it would be 8 months to a year before we got any more in. LPKs are a shortage industry wide due to the demands.

Let me know if you would like us to partial ship your order.

Thanks,
                  Laura
                  Frankly, I don't even know how to respond to that. Even if I'll get my two LPKs, along with everything else I ordered, closer to the short end of that estimate, my order will have taken more than a whole year. And I can see that people have been receiving whole rifle kits (which include and LPK) and assembled lowers that were ordered after mine. Yet they are backordered on LPKs?

Comment

Originally posted by Trempel View Post
                    I got a reply from them yesterday:

Frankly, I don't even know how to respond to that. Even if I'll get my two LPKs, along with everything else I ordered, closer to the short end of that estimate, my order will have taken more than a whole year. And I can see that people have been receiving whole rifle kits (which include and LPK) and assembled lowers that were ordered after mine. Yet they are backordered on LPKs?
                    Tell them you'll take what they have on hand.
                    sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Trempel, are you on ar15.com? You should post this info in the Industry section under the Del-Ton forum.
                      -Mike
                      The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Don't want to hijack this thread, but check out J&T Distributing / Doublestar Corp. They make a quality product and I ordered 3 LPKs and got them a week later. I also picked up 2 uppers at the last gun show-they had a LOT of stock there, they might ship quicker.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Spooky View Post
                          Don't want to hijack this thread, but check out J&T Distributing / Doublestar Corp. They make a quality product and I ordered 3 LPKs and got them a week later. I also picked up 2 uppers at the last gun show-they had a LOT of stock there, they might ship quicker.
                          WHAT!!!!!! I have 3 orders with them Jan 4 and haven't gotten anything.
                          sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

Ordered some parts on december 15th 2008. Got an email today that they shipped....

Del ton mostly markets other peoples parts. They are a good company though.

Comment

Got some uppers from Del Ton yesterday. I was real excited until I unwrapped the first one and saw that it was post ban, not what I ordered.

Spoke with customer service a few minutes ago. UPS will be picking them up Monday for return. Hope it doesn't take long for them to ship the correct uppers.

The uppers looked to be excellent quality. I was tempted to hang on to one of them, but decided not to.

Attached to the paperwork was a red card stating there had been issues with Wolf, steel cased or laquer coated, or reloaded ammo. Use of any of those will void the warranty.
                              sigpic

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4081 users online. 241 members and 3840 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X