• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Store - Would you trust it?

http://lensgunshop.com/

Think I'll head to my normal facility

It does look a little shady.

Comment

Anyone who'd logo their name like that in an obviously seedy neighborhood has a sense of humor. Bodes well for the shop owner, in my opinion.

Sadly, bars on the windows are a fact of life in a lot of places.
      **Not a LEO**

Comment

Shady because there are fake bullet holes in the name... or somethin else? IF it's the fake bullet holes... he sales guns. Guns put holes into things. How does that make it shady? Would you rather it be the usual small gun shop that simply has a sign that says "Guns"? Nothing bad about those... hell that's how one of my favorites is.. but definitely not worth freakin about.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
          Shady because there are fake bullet holes in the name... or somethin else? IF it's the fake bullet holes... he sales guns. Guns put holes into things. How does that make it shady? Would you rather it be the usual small gun shop that simply has a sign that says "Guns"? Nothing bad about those... hell that's how one of my favorites is.. but definitely not worth freakin about.
          I didn't even notice the bullet holes, just the unique logo.

Maybe I confused shady with unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R View Post
            http://lensgunshop.com/

Think I'll head to my normal facility
            What's your issue with the store? Have you dealt with anyone inside or are you making an uneducated statement based on a photo of the building?
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I made the decision based on the clientele I see in the store and overall feel of "safety". My usual location employees off-duty LEO's, has a brand new showroom filled with a huge selection of weaponry, accessories (including LEO Tactical gear). Usally has 9-12 people working on the weekends that have a lot of knowledge about their products.

The location in the pic is in the worst part of town, The quality and selection is not good. It seems to attract the shadier customers as well.

I guess outward appearances can effect a consumer's choice.

Comment

After looking at the photo, all I can say is 'wow'

I'd stay away; probably get shot before you get to the front door.

Comment

Really tacky. It looks like a case of when the two proverbial fools meet, the sign guy and the owner.

Comment

But how are the prices? For the same new gun, your regular shop sounds like it has a lot more overhead, and will charge more. Many a big shop started out in a basement, garage, or in the "shady" part of town.
                    The biggest shop in Tucson, when I lived there, started in a garage. After years as the biggest shop, the need to pay the overhead lead them into several violations, and they ended up closing, just ahead of BATFE, Customs, and the local cops indicted the owners.
                    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Hmmm... I prefer the small, hole in the wall shops over the big, fancy shops...

Usually because they offer me the best deals...

The one HUGE "fancy" place down here charges on average an extra $150+

Actually, the place I go through is a pawn shop, not an actual gun shop. But he has the best selection and can get anything I want at cost.
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2333 users online. 142 members and 2191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X