300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I now own a 7.7 JAP. I don't know much about this WWII rifle other than it was hard to find a case up here longer than 44 inches. I have my own little collection going

Anyone know anything about the 7.7 Jap?
    PT 1911 Tourus:.45 and .22 (converter)
    5.56%
    SIG P228
    33.33%
    AK 47
    27.78%
    SAIGA 12
    5.56%
    SKS
    11.11%
    22 Rifle - wood
    0.00%
    22 Rifle - black
    0.00%
    7.7 Jap
    16.67%

Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??

AK-47. Everyone needs a fighting rifle.

(Sig 228 is a close second)
    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by jwise View Post
      AK-47. Everyone needs a fighting rifle.

(Sig 228 is a close second)

I agree that everyone needs a AK... just to show off a little bit..

Who says a woman can't shoot? How do I protect my home without my Rifles, Shotguns and Pistols??

Comment

Can't go wrong with an AK-47.
        "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
        Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
        LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
        RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
        "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

Technically you really can't go wrong with a AK or a Shotgun!! (SAIGA 12)

Comment

I did vote AK, then I saw what you did to it.

Amazingly enough AK's work extremely well without additions from the Airsoft Catalog.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
            8541tactical.com - Ammo Wallets

Comment

Originally posted by mjc View Post
              I now own a 7.7 JAP. I don't know much about this WWII rifle other than it was hard to find a case up here longer than 44 inches. I have my own little collection going

Anyone know anything about the 7.7 Jap?

Did a search and came up with this info from "The Reload Bench" http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/77j.html

The 7.7 x 58mm Japanese enjoyed mild popularity among American hunters after World War II, when surplus military rifles were imported to the U.S. The cartridge was adopted by the Japanese military in 1939 in the Model99 Arisaka rifle as a replacement for the older 6.5mm cartridge but both remained in service during World War II. Norma ammunition loaded with soft nose bullets is presently available

Some handloaders form 7.7 cases from .30-06 cases, but since the latter has a slightly smaller base diameter the best bet is to buy Norma ammunition and reload those cases. Ballistically, the 7.7 falls between the .300 Savage and .308 Winchester. Bullets of .311" diameter (same as the .303 British) are available from Hornady, Sierra, and Speer. A 150 grain spitzer pushed to 2500 fps with H414, H335, or H4895 is a good choice for deer size game at close to medium ranges.
              sigpic

"Po Po coming through!" all rights reserved DJS

'Do we really need 'smart bombs' to drop on these dumb bastards?'

http://www.snipercompany.com/

M16/AR15/M4 Armorer

Comment

I fired a real nice AK when I was in Afghanstan from one of the Persmirian (SP?) guards that took us around and that thing was beautiful and fired so smooth and accurate. These knock offs and Super AKs I will pass on and try to get a nice stock one. The 228 and Saiga I think are your best assets right now.
                Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5274 users online. 301 members and 4973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X