300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .50 Desert Eagle

Im debating about renting this gun next time i goto the range. Has anyone shot this? Im fearing the recoil on this gun. Has anyone shot this gun before? How bad is that recoil?
    Please let me know, Thank you.
    US Army 13M

Well I guess that depends. If your a 4' 10" / 85lb female with dainty hands then it might be a wee bit much. But if your a 6' 5", 350lb male, with a hand the size of a ham, then it isn't going to be an issue.

In reality, despite the size / power of the .50DE, the pistol itself handles the recoil very well and isn't that bad considering.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

question answered lol
      US Army 13M

Comment

its fun for a little bit... as Surf said a lot depends on your size and how comfortable with pistols you are, i wouldn't suggest learning to shoot with it...

Comment

ive shot the s&w .500 and it wasnt TOO bad. i emphasize that, i only shot it two times. there is a greater energy transfer to your arm with a revolver though since that slide aint being operated so id venture to guess the eagle wouldnt be as bad as the .500....WEAR MUFFS AND PLUGS, THOUGH!

Comment

ive just always wanted this gun so bad. Although the 9mm they just put out looks pretty damn sexy too with that gold finish
            US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
              ive just always wanted this gun so bad. Although the 9mm they just put out looks pretty damn sexy too with that gold finish
              Oh I won't even go there. Yes I've fired that pistol. Two of my nephews own them and when I was in Colorado this last summer we spent a day at Dragon Man's range. I was expecting a lot more recoil than it gave. It's not tame by any standards, but it's not unreasonable. They also had a 460 S&W Magnum, that pistol actually recoiled MUCH more than the .50 did. Again, that's a revolver and all the energy is transferred to the grip, whereas some of the .50's energy is lost in the functioning of the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                Im debating about renting this gun next time i goto the range. Has anyone shot this? Im fearing the recoil on this gun. Has anyone shot this gun before? How bad is that recoil?
                Don't waste your money, unless you just want to be able to say you shot it. IMHO, the .50AE Desert Eagle is a hulking pile of doo doo. Most of the ones I've seen for rent at ranges have worn out springs and seem to cycle in slow motion or not cycle completely. Plus the ammo is not cheap.

If you really must shoot it though, by all means do so and fear not the recoil. It was, after all, designed to be fired by a human, and if you are even approaching average in size and strength, you will have no problem. BTW I think a .44mag has considerably more recoil than the .50 AE or the 500 SW (this all depends on the load, of course).

Have fun!

Comment

Unfortunately, my superiors will not let me carry a .50AE Desert Eagle on duty (and yes, I actually asked them).
                  The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

Never shot a 50AE or S&W500. But the recoil from a 44 mag isn't bad at all. Pretty manageable.
                    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                      BTW I think a .44mag has considerably more recoil than the .50 AE or the 500 SW (this all depends on the load, of course).
                      While I haven't shot the .50AE I have shot the .44mag and the .500S&W. Consider not only the slide action on the DE but that the semi-auto round has less powder than the .500 revolver round (not to mention the .500S&W magnum). THere is also the weight of the guns and the bullet to consider. I liked the .44, shot it many times. I shot the .500 twice, almost regret that 2nd shot. Bottom line, try it and have no regrets (don't shoot the .600 Nitro Express revolver).

Here are some images to help.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ca...Comparison.jpg
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:44-500comp.jpg
                      Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

I'm 5'6 almost 200, think it'll be too much for me? The .40 was almost too much...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6287 users online. 351 members and 5936 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X